Is this normal for sciatica?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Started with nerve pain running down the back of my lower leg. Now left with vibration in lower leg going into my ankle and foot. It's been like this for three/four months now.

Doctor have me gabapentin but they increased my dizziness that I've already been suffering with for two years and made my foot burn within an hour of taking them.

The shooting nerve pain hasn't come back. Just left with this vibrating which is driving me mad at night.

What else can I do? My doctor wouldn't even check why I'm getting this just keeps giving me pills 😢

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I've had pain in my lower back to my feet from four back surgeries, caused by Spinal. STINOIS, and it brought about my Sciatic nerve being damaged, so you better go to Dr and find out if yours is caused by Spinal Stinios, OK?

• Posted

I've asked two doctors at my surgery to find out why my leg is vibrating and aches but they won't do anything except give me tablets

• Posted

I feel your pain - I've had my gabapentin upped to 12 tablets a day for the nerve pain and it still doesn't ease it.

?It took 2 years for me to get spinal injections (which in my case haven't worked) but in my experience it is best to keep going back to them and push for pain clinic.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.