Probably been discussed before - what about muscle relaxers?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Anyone tried muscle relaxers?  

Also, since Florida just approved medical marijuana - anyone tried that?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Apart from Gabapentin. I'm not aware of any other relaxants. But if you get any information please let me know

Thanks

Mary

• Posted

Robaxin is very effective.  Gabapentin works on nerves, Robaxin is an actual muscle relaxant.  Alone or with gabapentin or Requip it has been a lifesaver for me.  Dr started me on Robaxin 50 years ago long before rls even had a name or diagnosis.  Alone worked great for many years, have had to add Requip and/or gabapentin over lady 15 or so years.
    • Posted

Many thanks for advice.

I've never heard of those , but will ask my doctor.

Anything worth a try

• Posted

Hi...I've been on clonazepam for 17 years for restless legs. They are a muscle relaxant normally prescribed for epilepsy. They are very effective and keep me sane.

• Posted

I've used Robaxin for years.  Worked by itself for many years to calm the "jumpies". Have had to add other meds in recent years but use Robaxin every single night to help keep legs calm.  Dr.  added Baclofen but not as effective.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.