constipation

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have suffered constipation for 15 years due to nerve damage to spine I've tried so many different laxatives anyone find any really good please

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I have tried everything but recently tried natural senna tea, I have one early evening and works next morning, it's worth a try if you haven't already.

• Posted

Hi, I bought mine from amazon and it's from the natural health market. Not sure if I'm allowed to mention the name but if you get this message I hope it helps you.

• Posted

Hiya MarieAzzi84 😊 I've suffered from constipation all my life and it's worse now due to the medication I take. I was lucky if I had a bowel movement once a fortnight! My record is 5 weeks, No joke!

My problem is really painful, hard stools and not getting the urge to go. I was prescribed macrogol (a stool softener) it's a powder, you mix with water and drink, it does work but you have to find a balance between hard stools and the runs! It also doesn't stimulate your bowels to get the urge to go either. Also, the taste makes me heave and I even threw up on one occasion, it tastes like salt and sugar mixed with water 😷 yuk!

Any way, I stumbled upon a miracle on the medicine shelf in a shop and need to shout it from the rooftops!! I was looking for a stool softener called dulcoease, it's basically macrogol in tablet form as I just can't stomach the drinks anymore and found something I'd never seen for constipation before, Epsom Salts! (Magnesium Sulphate)

It said on the tub it was for the relief of constipation, so I thought I'd give it a go. Well, I'm amazed! After being bunged up for nearly two weeks, I had an easy to pass stool the morning after I had the drink. It works by drawing water into the bowel, to soften the hard poo that's already in there and it also gently stimulates your bowels to give you the urge. (my meds really slow my digestive tract down) after all these years of suffering, I'm so so so happy and relieved, it's unbelievable! I really hope this can help other people with chronic constipation like me, I really do! Xx

• Posted

sorry elly I've just found your message I get thousands of emails but I will try these Epsom salts and see how I get on cause me to I'm on a lot of medications thanks for your help take care

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.