What is 6.3mmol/L in Fasting Blood Sugar?I need your help.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I don't do physical exercise recently due to my work and conflict of schedules. I don't smoke or drink alcohol I even don't eat rice. That's why I was wondering why I have this blood sugar too high. I need to hear from those who are knowledgeable about this matter. Cheers.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

There are all sorts of hidden sugars and carbs in processed foods that you would think are OK to eat.  Also I saw on TV that no sugar drinks that are sweetened with saccharine can spike your blood sugar levels even. Though they have no calories or sugar in.
  • Posted

Im from the USA so your 6.3 approximates 115 for me. That is not all that high of a number.  To be sure testing is only valid if you do it correctly and over time. Taking an isolated number is not wise. Your looking for trends through time. As mentioned soda/soft drinks claiming to be non sugar are not much better for you than the sugared ones. If your testing daily then as long as you do not climb much higher with a fasting /morning test I would not be all that concerned. What was your last A1C (remember I am in the US)?  My Dr makes no decisions with out a current A1c test. 

Everyone is different and can eat different foods. I can eat potatoes all I want. Just no rice, bread or pasta. Oatmeal is a guarnteed spike for me.

No mention of medication so your number does not jump up and say LOOK AT ME.  least wises not to me. 

• Posted

I can tell you that if I had a blood sugar reading of 6.3 I would be thrilled to bits. It is definitely not too high. Why do you think it is too high?  Why do you say "I don't even eat rice" Do you think it is is likely to raise your blood levels? In fact, almost any carbohydrates (potatoes, pasta, rice, white bread, etc.) will raise your blood sugar levels. Where did you get this figure from - a doctors surgery or at home. If you did it at home, do you do it regularly - a one-off reading really does not tell you anything useful except if it is exceptionally high for no obvious reason.

• Posted

Can someone please tell me bit bout diabetes as I got typ 2, and feel ill every morning weak, and tired till lunchtime, I like cakes, sweets, cream etc and a drink, is these sweets of a night making me feel like this in the mornings

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.