Operation date given!!

Posted , 18 users are following.

Just thought i'd let you all know that i have received an operation date of 5th Jan, it all seems to be sinking in now and i'm not going to lie i'm petrified!

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Next
  • Posted

You will be fine, yeah I know its easy for me to say that.

I had my left hip replaced almost 4 yrs ago , it went great.  I had my other hip replaced 7/25/16, it went great as well.  When I had my first hip replaced it was my first time being in the hosital since I was born !  

People on her are very knowledgible and helpful !!

Good Luck biggrin

• Posted

Hi Kel,

Had my THR in July.Never been in hospital except having babies.

You will be fine.Take it a step at a time,a day at a time.Pre med-tick,Anaesthetic ,tick etc

Any worries come on here

Best wishes

Janet

• Posted

There is lots of info on this site that will allay any fears you have I was terrified too .the day after I thought all that worry for nothing I had none of the pain I had before some muscle pain and a leg that didn't belong to me for a day or two. Pain relief was fantastic up and about the day after rather slow I admit but I felt great ime sure you will too enjoy Christmas don't worry too much 

ps I'm having my left hip done next year so it can't have been bad 

• Posted

I'm seven days after LTHR and it's great! I wasn't worried to be honest, largely because I couldn't walk and was in excruciating pain already, so I reckoned "what was the worst that could happen?" I was walking without pain 12 hours after the op. Today I visited my friend in the next street for coffee - walked all the way. Last week I couldn't have got out of the door! I'm still on crutches, but that's because of other issues. The hip is fantastic. And I'll tell you one thing. The first twinge in the right hip and its history!!!

• Posted

Oh Beth I love your post being that mine is on Thursday It makes me feel excited to think that this pain might be gone.  Im having anterior with a spinal with sedation.  Looking for forward to getting my life back  I cant walk without my cane and the constant pain is exhausting.  I live your attitude Whats the worst that can happen, I cant go on like this!
    • Posted

You'll be great. Just relax. It's amazing how quickly you'll start to be stronger.

• Posted

Hi kel,

You are not alone, we all went through the way you are feeling now. It suddenly becomes real and you start counting down the time.

I've had both mine done and can say I'm 100% happy with the way they are going, I can get on with my life again.

It's perfectly natural to feel petrified but you won't regret it.

• Posted

You sound like me mine is Thursday Nov 17  This forum is so helpful it makes me feel more comfortable every day.  All the best to you  Keep in touch!
  • Posted

It's an exciting and nervous time for you ,I too was petrified,but I'm now 13 days post op and fine ..ok it's not the nicest thing you'll go through but defo worth it ..keep yourself fit and strong ,avoid the winter bugs and it'll be here in no time gx 

• Posted

Hi, just out of interest how long did you have to wait for the date to come through?  I had a meeting with the consultant 3rd October and he said it would be January time, but I'm still waiting.  I'm in the UK, NHS patient but going to a private hospital.  Good luck xx

• Posted

I was told i needed the thr in july and have had to wait up until jan.
    • Posted

I'm I the uk but went privately,really because I'm self employed and it suited me to do the surgery now ....originally after seeing my own doctor in March and after an X-ray ,she didn't appear to think that the NHS would even think about giving me a new hip for a few years ...I'm not dissing the NHS at all but after an MRI scan privately ,that made up my mind ...I also did a lot of research on my surgeon etc ..all it really means is that there will be no new car for another few years .

• Posted

Well I hope you get a date soon. I was really lucky, saw my consultant/surgeon for the first time mid June, he got out his diary, and we picked a date in July that suited us both. I live in North London . (But like most people here, I had been in pain for several years.)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.