If no trousers or tights, who do you wear?

Posted , 13 users are following.

I've worn trousers/jeans for many years and, in fact, only possess two skirts.  I can't remember the last time I wore them!  I've now read that, apart from being advised not to wear trousers, we're also advised not to wear tights!

So, what do others wear, particularly in the winter?   I try to be as stylish as posisble and I could change to wearing more skirts - maybe a shopping trip beckons - but any suggestions about what would make things more comfortable would be appreciated.

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Of course the title should be "What do you wear?'  

• Posted

I would like to know what to wear as well wearing in mine I have very red spider veins at bottom half of legs so for me skirts or dresses are not really a option.
  • Edited

Hi Cheetah . It certainly is a dilema ! I have found after getting my LS under control ( fingers crossed ) l can wear leggings and trousers for a few hours l do not wear them every day but seem to be ok now and again l make sure of a high cotton percentage in the material , no polyester ! I have come round to skirts now and l buy crotchless tights , you can get them on ebay . I am always bare legged in the house and wear a skirt . Ok in the summer but a little chilly in winter ha ! Good luck with your new look .
  • Edited

I used to wear trousers to work every day, but am no longer able to sad  However i wear smart dresses & skirts. If things are under control i can wear tights. My workplace has a dress code which states 'no leggings' so i had to get a letter from my GP to state that I needed to wear them at certain times. I buy more expensive leggings with a higher cotton content. I then wear the leggings with a smart dres and maybe a cardigan so i still look 'smart'.

I was on holiday in Florida this year and for the first time was unable to wear shorts, but brought a couple of short skirts and cotton dresses -no-one was any the wiserAs if there isn't enough to worry about !!

• Posted

Hi Cheetah,

I'm retired so I'm not in an office every day.  However, I've found some stretchy slacks that are similar to yoga pants, but look nicer, and I wear them when I go out to special events.  Otherwise, I wear yoga pants around the house and when I run errands, etc. As long as pants are not tight in the crotch they seem to work. Cotton panties are a must, though.

• Posted

I have fleece tights that I cut the crotch out of. Also loose white undies with thigh high socks. Someone suggested the crotchless pantaloons as worn in history.
  • Posted

Luckily there are tights and pants made from stretchy material. That's what I switched to in first instance, not being fond of wearing skirts like you.  But made sure I wear cotton undies.

• Edited

Thank you all for your replies.  It seems to be that cotton is the main thing, whether that's tights or pants, so I can cope with that.  I've had a look online for some cotton tights and found some nice ones and I'll also have a look for some crotchless ones.  Thanks for that, Winifred02134.  Thankfully, I'm retired, so don't have to worry about smart clothes for work.  It's good that your GP was able to give you a letter so you could wear your leggings, Fiona2411.

I, too, wear yoga pants when I'm around the house, Anna777, and they aren't tight, so feel quite comfortable in them.  However, I may well buy myself some more skirts so I can have a change from trousers more often.

You're quite right, Fiona, as if we haven't got enough to worry about!  Thanks again.  Take care all.

• Edited

Hi, I still wear trousers but I wear linen and baggy around the house. Wear them all time in summer along with crinkle cotton ones. Wear loose trousers when going out too. Essential cotton underwear. I too only have two skirts.
    • Edited

Thanks Chrisy.  I've just ordered some linen trousers and also some cotton tights.   Today I am wearing one of my two skirts!  

• Edited

I've worn dresses or skirts almost exclusively my whole life and sadly I ended up with LS. I just had 2 biopsies to confirm it. I believe that when I wear tights under my dresses it makes my LS worse. Stressing makes it really bad. This is one horrible disease.

• Posted

Hi Cheetah!  In the winter I live in my jeans and jeggings and as I need to walk the doggies I have no choice!  In my own experience I find that the LS doesn't disappear when I wear skirts / loose clothing in the summer!  I think that only refers to thrush!  I reckon is we seldom bath in salt and 'keep it clean' we are doing our best! 

• Posted

Read this with interest as I have Superficial Morphea & LS patches both in crotch area & other areas.

I have hardly ever worn skirts or dresses EVER. However for last 4 years wearing any under wear has caused both S/M & LS to flare up. Both the Gyne & Dermatologist Consultants advised me to wear high cotton content clothing that is lose & breathable... Joy!

I am still coming to terms with not shaving any body hair & the dark/bruised blotches all over my body with other S/M markings. I still want to cover up when out & about, but feel good too. Your post is the first I read on joining!

• Posted

As long as the pants or tights are not too "tight", I'd wear what I wanted. Who told you you couldn't wear pants? Or, does it make the LS worse? I have read a lot of bad things about polyester because of the chemical content. Personally, I have experimented with no polyester/polyester and I don't see any difference.

• Posted

I was told this by a gynaecologist, who said to wear no underwear at all when in the house. I do wear pure cotton pants. Interestingly, a dermatologist told me that wearing pant liners and trousers made absolutely no difference at all, so who really knows? But, I do think you're right and that tight clothing is to be avoided.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.