shoulder pain

Posted , 7 users are following.

Thought I might have frozen shoulder.  Keeps me awake at night but the only problem is I cant get my hand behind my back to undo bra I also have to use and move it slowly any one else have this problem.  A few years ago when it started I had scans, injections, physio nothing helped

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

I had frozen shoulder for four years then it developed into a torn tendon. It took a year to thaw but never got better. I had shoulder surgery a year ago. It is about 80% better so I really feel for you. 
    • Posted

That is due to having Fibromyalgia and being a single Mum loooking after two young sons. Also fighting the DWP a day after surgery. It was a nightmare I had to talk to 50 different members of staff and send 180 pieces of paper , 30 x6 as they gave me the wrong addresses! I was reinstated in the end!
  • Posted

If you have frozen shoulder the pain is unmistakable it is so painfull it takes your breath away mine started 2 yrs ago and I will never forget the pain.

it started with stiffness and pain when I moved it.

once diagnosed IHOP had cortisone injections three times which did help the pain.

now I have movement about 80% back I can't lift my arm too high but can do my bra up! 

Hope you get relief very soon if it gets too painful got to docs.

• Posted

thanks some days i can switch the light switch on. it takes my breath away but think i will have to insist on going private to hospital and all gp suggests is physio 
  • Posted

Yes you have FS sorry to say it but welcome to the club
    • Posted

I have had this for about six years, it is always bad but some times worse than bad!! I cannot get my arm anywhere near the middle of my back.  I have had all the scans  three injections physio so what is left?  I have read that they are reluctant to do ops because they apparently dont work!
  • Posted

Hi Christine,

Ive been diagnosed with frozen shoulder as well had it about 3 month now. Had a cortisone injection which seemd to calm the pain down for about 3 days, now its all gone haywire again, but i also have a problem with a nerve in my cervical spine so not sure if it irritated the nerve, but i wont be getting another one, going to push for him to carry out surgery as I have been off work for 4 weeks already and actually feel worse than ever now

• Posted

Hi Christine & anyone else who might benefit: The most practical tip I read on this forum was to buy a sports-type or magic-type bra, or do it up first before wiggling it over your head or up your body. Wear loose or button-up shirts. Funny story - in the midst of my worst months, I got stuck in a store change room trying to get out of a shirt that was too inflexible. I had to text my hubby to come rescue me! cheesygrin  Of course it wasn't funny at the time! All the best, Liane

• Posted

Sorry my frozen shoulder happened after a accident and about a week later I couldn't move my arm lucky for me it lasted six months having injection's and physio and then I was able to use my are again the doctor said it could take another three year's to have no pain have you ever had any problem with your neck because a good pillow helped me, good luck with it.

• Posted

I have to admit I have thought my problem could be partly due to my sleeping position.  Flat on my stomach with my frozen arm up and under the pillow, my head on the pillow on that arm.  I have tried a million times to change this position but if I want to sleep that is the position and im asleep in five mins! 
    • Posted

If you have FS there is no way you can put your arm up that far, with the restrictions and pain of FS there is no way you would be able to sleep that way. Have you been diagnosed, if you have you're very lucky to be able to do that

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.