Traditional cataract surgery

Posted , 5 users are following.

Trad. Cat surgery in September. I know my vision is getting progressively worse. Visited Doc 3 weeks ago, and I believe he was very condescending. Indicated that these things take time. He did a laser procedure that breaks up blocks of film and is very common. He said that would work

It's not working. I cant see in a mirror well enough to put on makeup or even remove an eye lash. This can't be right.

Anyone have ideas?

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Janet1974, Do you have any double vision?, I have been living with double vision since my cateract surgery the send of September. The Dr. hit the muscle with the needle in the eye while numbing the eye and traumatized it.
  • Posted

Janet, have you tried reading glasses or a small suction cup magnifying mirror on the mirror.

When your physician did the surgery, did he replace the lens with an intraoccular lens?

kind regards

judith

• Posted

Doctors are dismissing problems people complains . People need to fole a complain to the FDA  this is nig money and so may are living with all these problems.
    • Posted

Thanks for your post.

I've been wondering about this, especially since this discussion. The answers people have been given by their docs, are shockingly similar, yet the problems run the gamut.

• Posted

I was that way and they couldn't make glasses to fit me for some reason. I have insisted that they keep trying and have had to have very heated discussions with the optical department at my eye doctors as they charged me 25$ over and above the almost $400.00 cash I already paid to make me another pair even though I was given a bad prescription. Then they told me my time had run out and this was absolutely the last pair of glasses they would make me whether they fit me or not. I went to Wallmart and got a number 3 reading glasses and i could see to read for a very short time. My long distance visor is good but my eyes were set to 2 different distances so it causes them to be kind of strained. Not real bad though. I have had 2 previous tests done and each time they swore that the results were the same but I still couldn't see with my glasses they had made me. This last time the assistant gave me another eye exam and said the one eye was the same but the other was a little different and then the dr himself gave me an exam and changed it again. I picked up my glasses yesterday and I can see pretty good so I am not sure if it was my eyes changing over time or they just finally did it right. I sometimes think my eyes are getting worse as they are really red at times and I think I have started seeing some kind of brown tinged places in my vision. I am keeping my fingers crossed that my eyes will get better now that I have my glasses. I hope you will get alright too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.