How long does it take to form urethral stricture

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had what I suspect was urethritis after a urethrotomy December 2015. I wasn't diognose or put on antibiotics for this. My urethra feels tight through my penis now pretty much the whole length. My worry is this could be a long stricture caused by the inflamation. Feels constricted wether i'm peeing or not. The surgery was done in the bulbar urethra. I've never felt this tightness in my penis before that. This has been going on for a few months now. Could this be stricture already?

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Unfortuantely, regardless of the responses here, the only way to know is to have it checked out by your urologist. Just go man. It's the right thing to do.

• Posted

Well, I don't want to expose me urethra to anymore trama until i'm certain the doc can see what I feel. I've had alot of traffic in there through the years.

• Posted

Hi,Its best to get it tested by Urologist.I alo had urethroplasty in bulbar area three years back but flow wasnt good and started getting recurring urinary infections.

I just had my first stage of Distal Urethroplasty in October.They have kept the surgical site open.have follow up appointment  end of december.then they will decide for the second stage of urethroplasty which is basically closure of site. 

• Posted

Can I ask who did your surgery? And why was 2 stage necessary on your last surgery? An open penis sounds awefull and painfull.
  • Posted

my surgery was done by Dr Watkins.This is two stage as on the first stage they allow the graft to settle in and after 3 months book for second stage for closure.
    • Posted

I understand how the 2 stage works I was just wondering why it was necessary as opposed to a single stage. Was the stricture extremely long?
  • Posted

the stricture was 2cmlong. they allow the graft to setlle in and get blood supply hence they do it in 2 stages
    • Posted

I don't know how you can function with an open penis. My strictures are bothering me so much right now that as I walk around at my job all night just the friction of my penis rubbing against my underwear hurts. You must be in so much pain especially when moving around?

• Posted

It's been 3 weeks now since surgery. Pain is not there.only discomfort is while passing water have to sit down. Did you have surgery yet?did doc say how much is your stricture? I would suggest to wear boxers as they are more comfortable.

• Posted

BTW who did your surgery.
    • Posted

I had an repeat urethrotomy for a short bulbar stricture about a year ago. I SHOULD have opted for urethroplasty right away, but was afraid. Now I have strictures in my penis i'm sure of it do to the fact I can feel them. I've had pain and burning every day since that surgery. I'm not gonna mention the incompetent doctors name on here do to the fact my strictures have not been confirmed yet by urethrogram and i'm not sure how I want to handle things yet.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.