Tinnitus, Blocked Nose, Neck Pain(Occasionally - Towards Right)

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello,

For the past one year, I've developed Tinnitus, although, it has been pretty stable, it has been bothering me for a while now. I've been to my GP in the month of April, and she told me it's very common and nothing to be worried about. 

Also, I've been having this blocked nose, almost since the time, I actually started paying attention to Tinnitus. I was prescribed some nasal opening spray which I don't remember. I haven't used it for a while as it didn't provide any relief. 

Last Month, almost for about 10 days, I've had this acute neck stiffness, which screwed my life for a couple of days. Upon visiting a chiropractor, and examining the x-rays, he told me it was a problem with C2-C3. I've been regurlarly going for the PT, and hope to get this neck problem resolved. During this neck stiffness, I've had a day of tingling in my shoulder, hands and legs, and this was the day when my neck stiffness was worse, also I could feel the upper area (beside the neck as stiff). But everything got better within days. and I've been doing pretty much okay with respect to neck stiffness.

Tinnitus and blocked nose, still persists! Any idea? 

I've googled my symptoms many times, and it scares me.

Help?

27Male. 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hy aiz. I have some of your symptoms.

1. Was your nose blocked gradually or immediately?

2. Does ENT check your turbinates ?(hypertrophy ?)

I was diagnose with turbinates hypertrophy. Causing bloked nose. And ears problems. I suspect nerves damage because i have pain in part of my nose without infection.

• Posted

It started gradually, along with tinnitus. Initially, I just shrugged it off as nothing, but later on I realized tinnitus has a connection with my nasal blockage. Also, I was low on Vitamin B12, I started taking supplements which helped me with T. But it hasn't gone completely.

I tried looking up in my nose using a flash light, my turbinates are swollen as hell. And it switches from one side to the other as the day courses. 

3 weeks ago, I had a sore throat for 2 days, followed by cold which was really bad. I had to use a nasal spray to open up my nose (One side of my nose is usually open), and I also exhaled the steam to clear off the nasal pasaage. Upon which I saw Yellow/green discharge from my nose for 3-4 days.

My cold was gone after 1.5 weeks since sore throat. Anyways, I'm seeing an ENT in two days. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.