another flare up

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi. again, I wrote a couple of months ago about a my 1st serious flare up since I was diagnosed in 2013.    It did improve but never really went away, even though I was careful with what I ate.  Then 3wks ago it started up again, I have been living on Complan, Ovaltine, soup & yogurt,  but everytime it starts to improve & I try to reintroduce solids it starts up again.

I have just returned from seeing my doc.  She just kept saying that she would prescribe me laxatives, I had already told her that I was taken herbal lxt's & was managing to stay active ( although today it has gone the other way )     She then said " what do you want " I said that as it had gone on for a while, I didn't want it to become really serious, so I thought antibiotics would help.  She said " oh no, I won't give you a/b's "   I persisted & said that I didn't want to end up back in hospital & in the end I was given Amoxicillin.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

When I know a flaire is about to happen I don't eat for 24 hrs after that I eat mash potato, chicken, soup oven chips tin fish in brine but stay away from windy veg and seeds, nuts,and spicy food I always have antibiotic one just in case it turn in to a infection , just off to drs now as aatter of fact .

• Posted

Sorry about mistakes
    • Posted

thank's  for the  replies from Ann and yourself.   I can't believe that I went for 3yrs avoiding flare ups, & now all the foods I was eating are setting me off.  I'll be eating baby food next the way things are going.

I do find this forum a big help, as you know what i'm talking about when I have a moan.

• Posted

Hi I had 3 flare ups in a 3 month time period this yr.. I'm ok now but what did u mean when u said you were diagnosed in 2013 but it never really went away? Because I have lingering pain almost daily.. do you?

• Posted

Hi. Hollie,  it was the symptoms of my 1st serious flare up that didn't go away,  I was diagnosed in 2013 & had done well until August this year when I decided to show solidarity with my daughter. who was trying to lose weight,  we were both eating salad every day  ( I didn't realise that salad was a big no no, I had been eating it without any problem, but that wasn't every day )   Since then other foods that I hadn't had a problem with before, have now become a problem.

Yes, the aching / bloated stomach does seem to hang on in there after the other symptoms have eased off.

• Posted

Wow yesss I thought a few weeks ago I need to get healthy and eat more fiber so I'll eat salads.. I had one for lunch then one at dinner and the next day I was in the couch all day with gas and tummy pains. It's only been 5months from my last flare but I can tell it will be a daily part of my life now. sad

• Posted

I know it's horrible I make the most it when I have a good day .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.