Bladder doesn't work.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Sorry this isn't about me it's about my daughter am so upset.18 month ago my daughter kept haveing kidney infections them one day she couldn't pee.She was admitted into hospital were she had a catheter fitted to relieve her.But after that she as never been able to use her bladder again it just stopped working.So now she as to self catheterise.This week she as had problems not being able to insurt as she is so sore no infection just in pain

We took her to A&E were they put a catheter with bag on to her and.now she.is waiting for a clinic appointment.She is 31 no age she as children and can't come to term with this

What help is there out there for her.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I'm not a medically qualified person and as a 75 year old male my problems are entirely different to that of your daughter.

Do you know whether your daughter might be Vitamin B12 deficient as there appears to be a link between that and urinary problems.

Also there is another forum on here for Neurogenic bladder problems and I wonder if it might be an idea to post your questions on there too.

I wish you and your daughter well and a relief from this distressing situation

• Posted

Hiya Clive she was vit B diffcent but that was 2 years ago.She had to have injections for it every 3 months.I will try and find the discussion.Thank you all the best to you as well it's a awful condition but one day a cure could be found. 💕💕💕

• Posted

Please do pursue the B12 connection as a deficiency attacks the nervous system which controls even the simple task of going to the toilet.

Given your daughter's history if she's not had any B12 injections for 2 years it would be good for her serum B12 and serum Folate to be tested as she may well be deficient again

• Posted

Hi there,

I feel so much empathy for your daughter, as although rare, the same thing happened to me. I have now been self catheterising for 3 years and am now under Harley Street for help, as no other consultant can help me. I have a reoccurring uti and it's become embedded behind a biofilm. It's a truly nightmare life!! I never thought I would end up this way. The only organisation that helped me was the COB foundation. They are very helpful there and can send you literature. Please let me know how you get on, as am really interested as what we have is very rare. All the very best. Sam x

• Posted

Hiya Sam it's very sad to say this but it's good to know that she is not on her own.She is under a consultant that is excellent in this type of condition.But unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a cure.My daughter is the same constantly getting uti she takes a low does of antibiotics daily to stop infection.If an infection gets out of control then she as to go in to hospital for a few days on a intravenous drip.Its a horrible condition.I certainly will let you know of her next visit to see her consultant and what can be done to help her.Take care and thank you it really does mean a lot 💕💕💕💕

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.