And it goes on ...

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone if you took the time to look at my threads on here re acid reflux, hiatal hernia, kidney disease and H Pylori you would perhaps consider me as being paranoid but it really does seem that each one of these leads to the next problem.

The latest development thats been with me is what I think may be tinnitus, unbelievable. I have now had a constant wid like noise in my right hear which some times turns into a tinkling sound.

For a week now I have been searching our front room for a watch with an alarm I may have misplaced but to no avail because I havent found anything. And the sound I am hearing is very similar toa watch alarm going off. Do these symptoms sound familiar to any of you, I have used an ear waxcleaner several times but I still get the same noises after using the cleaner. Several days ago I finished a course of antibiotics for theH Pylori so I am wondering whether they could have cause this problem. Any ideas anyone.

Its very frightening to think that this could get worse and become debilitating.

2 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Have you had your Vitamin B12 levels checked as with your acid relux and other tummy troubles you may be B12 deficient and one of the many symptoms of that is Tinnitus
    • Posted

Wow Clive thanks I am going to see the doctor tomorrow so I will mention that to him Ted
  • Posted

Hi there ...

Yes I'd agree, but not many Drs would agree. You'd have to see a multi-disciplinary ENT team before you'd find someone that would put two and two together.

Most GP's think you're mad, ENT's know zero and send you to the Audiologist for a hearing aid or masker.

When will they learn ..... it has a cause and should be treatable.

I have thyroid issues, Pulsatile Tinnitus (not to be confused with Tinnitus) , Tinnitus, low blood pressure, reflux and a failed operation for a hiatus hernia, essential tremor caused by anti-depressants and high cholesterol as a by product of being prescribed a beta blocker to ease the essential tremor ....... thankyou to my Drs and wonderful NHS.

• Posted

.... and have you had your Vitamin B12 level checked as there is a relationship between B12 Deficiency and thyroid. reflux problems and drugs prescribed for depression.
    • Posted

Thank you kiwiipics I can relate to what you are saying as it just seems that the doctors rather than listen to you want you to walk the route that they have chosen for you.But given Clives message I will press them on this Ted
  • Posted

Don't think the worst. Think you are on a journey tackling new "monsters" as they arise. I had never heard of H Pylori, but I have heard of intestinal parasites which I did natural treatments for myself in the spring. I don't know how long I had them but I did have them which I found through using a plastic fork through poop in the toiilet. Doctors will think you're a hypochondriac if you ask about this kind of stuff. 

If you were on antibiotics, did you take probiotics at the same time? It sounds as though you need to work on getting a healthy gut. You can google search ideas but one is to take daily probiiotics and prebiotics with billions of good bacteria in them. Buy the tablets, don't rely on yogurt as it has dairy and sugar. 

• Posted

Thank you hope76097 I will buy some of those probiotics you mention Ted
    • Posted

I was just researching NAC a supplement I was recommended to use to detoxify and I noticed it says on one website I'm not allowed to link, Frontline defence against (among other things), "Helicobacter pylori: the bacterial culprit behind stomach ulcers,"

• Posted

I wish that sort of information was available 57 years ago when I had a perforated peptic ulcer at the age of 17.  After it burst I had  surgery to remove two thirds of my stomach but it was another 13 years before I was diagnosed with Pernicious Anaemia as a result by which time my Vitamin B12 level was virtually nil.

It has never been established why an otherwise healthy six feet four inches tall, 13 stone 4 pounds young man should have a developed a stomach ulcer but thankfully I'm still "clivealive" at 75

• Posted

Hi Clive juST thought I would let you know that i mentioned to my doctor about maybe being B12 deficient but as you would expect although not too dismissive his view was that I could be but it could also be something else.

So he has advised me to give it four weeks and if it does not improve then he will refer me to ENT.

So in the interim I am going to buy some B12 myself.Thanks again

• Posted

The only downside of supplementing with B12 before being tested is that it will "skew" the test result.

However it's your health and you must do what you think best.  

• Posted

Good point Clive so I will not take them untilI have had the test
    • Posted

Get your Folate tested too as this is essential to process B12. They both work together

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.