Capsaicin patch

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been having extreme shoulder pain.  It has been about a month now.  I have tried everything for the pain. Took way too many aspirins and ibuprofens.  I thought heat was supposed to be good for it, so I stood in a very hot shower for about 15 minutes.  The pain put me on the floor.  Now Ihave found these capsaicin patches.  I use the generic ones from walgreens drug, since they can be pricey.  Walgreens sells 2 large patches in a pack that last me about 4 days.  I never take them off.  When they fall off, I replace with a new one.    I also take tumeric pills.  Now my shoulder fills itchy on the inside.  The pain is knocked down by the patch.  Hope this might help somebody.  You need to be careful taking all the drugs.  Capsaicin has no side effects, no maximum dose. 

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Good to hear the patch helps. 

my FS was treated with Xiaflex injection then a week later back to doc for manipulation. That was 8 months ago . Now I have full ROM. 

XIAFLEX has been approved by the FDA FOR frozen fingers duruytrens and frozen shoulder that have collagen build up causing the las ck of motion and pain.

xiaflex is a protien that only targets collagen build up in joint capsule in shoulder causing FS as well as contraction in Hands from collagen build up on the cords in palms causing fingers to contract shut to first.

xiaflex is a specialized treatment and physicians need to have experience and trying to use this bio drug.

• Posted

Hi if it a FS....it's always a difficult decision. I have heard of a 7 week FS. I've taken turmeric pills. If yr shoulder is goung to be say a year then hydrodilation will break up the scar tissue. I am four weeks after a MUA. No chronic pain. I have read so many posts on FS....there r so many variations on the lengh of a FS. This is the problem do u wade thru all the other treatments or do u tackle the scar tissue. My first FS responded basically to a chiro tugging at my arm....but it was 18 months....on reflection a MUA would definitely been the wiser decision. ..I understand patients fear but when it works it is wonderful ..good luck

• Posted

Scar tissue is made up of collagen. Ciaflex injections will desolve the tissue and free the FS. I had it done in the US 8 months ago and have recovered with full range of motion. Where are you located?
    • Posted

Hi that sounds a great new injection. ...the forum certainly needs to know about that....have u started a link on that..I'm in the UK...I'll have a look on the net to see if that's available here....what costs r involved...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.