Anxiety, depression and slight sucidal thoughts

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey, it's been a while now and I know Im depressed. A lot has happened in the space of this year alone. I went to the gp and they tried me with fluoxetine and it was fine for 2 weeks, then he stopped and tried me with one sertraline tablet 50mg which I took. Well I had a severe reaction and needed up going to hospital as I thought j was dying. From this I now have anxiety that literally makes me feel awful.

My head just feels funny, vision is effected and the gut feeling of feeling sick. I still do not feel back tk normal and it's been a month. I had to mi e back in with my parents I've been that scared.

Well anyway, every now and again I just get this thought pop into my head saying kill yourself, or die. It freeks me out, because even thought I have these thoughts I would never do it. It's hard to explain. I just want to be myself again and it's making me decline getting better. I cannot have any more

Medication due to not being able to tolerate any of them. I'm lost and don't really know why to do. I'm 26 and a female.

2 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Why did doctor stop the Floxentine and can you try it again
    • Posted

He stopped it because of the headaches that were really bad. After he tried me with sertraline, after a while he put me back on fluoxetine however the same happened like it did with setraline. They then found out I can't take any ssris

• Posted

Go back to your GP and explain your desperation and the move back into family home Make a double appointment so you have plenty of time to explain your fears. Make a list about your problems and discuss everything on the list with the Doctor.

If you are feeling suicidal, call NHS INFORMATION SERVICE on Tel 111 and explain your fear they can triage and arrange any form of treatment etc

We are also here

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.