SVT (AVNRT) catheter ablation

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all,

I've been getting SVT episodes for about 1 year, I've had roughly 4 episodes. The last episode I had was caught on ecg at 230bpm, I had to have adenosine to convert my heart rate back to normal. I was put on beta blockers and advised to get the ablation as I am terrified and it's ultimately ruining my life.

I had a follow up appointment yesterday with the cardiologist and said I had had a few flutters and skips but nothing major, he said he would refer me for a catheter ablation if I wanted him to as I'm only 23 and he saw how bad it was ruling my life. I have agreed to the ablation and will be contacted for the procedure but there is a waiting list of a few months.

I didn't know what type of SVT I had so I asked him and he said he's pretty sure it's AVNRT which is the commonest type of SVT and is not life threatening.

I'm looking forward to hopefully getting my life back if the ablation is a success, I'm just looking for some words of wisdom from people to help me through the next few months before my procedure as I'm scared 24/7 it will happen again and kill me next time. I'm having a few flutters while typing this 😢 Thank you everyone x

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello. Just remember your heart is very strong and is doing a good job for you even though it feels strange sometimes. YOU will be fine! Trustvin the wonderful medical people when you have your ablation. I've had one and it wss successful .

Cheers.

• Posted

Hi, from what I read and hear ablations have a good success rate. As Annie119 said trust in the medics. Have they given you meds to control the SVT?
  • Posted

Thank you for your replies! I have been put on beta blockers until I get the ablation. I didn't have to take them but the anxiety it's caused I need to feel safer otherwise I wouldn't go anywhere. I'm hoping it doesn't take too long to get an appointment. I can't look forward to xmas because I'm always worried if I over do it I'll live to regret it with SVT!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.