Liver function test SsL20160

Posted , 5 users are following.

Can anyone help me understand the blood test as my gp needed to see me and I'm worried

I don't drink or take drugs

I've just had mine back and do not understand it

Serum bilirubin phosphates 321 ul 20,00 125.00u/L

Serum bilirubin level 13 umol 21.00 umol

Plasma protein 69.6 Gl 62.99 80.00g

Serum albumin 49.3 UL 31.00 45.09 Gl

Serum gamma gt 642 Ul 50.00UL

Serum ALT 598 UL. 60.009U/L

Serum globulin 29.3

G/L 24.99 43.99G/L

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Normal blood test results for typical liver function tests include:

ALT. 7 to 55 units per liter (U/L)

AST. 8 to 48

U/LALP. 45 to 115

U/LAlbumin. 3.5 to 5.0 grams per deciliter (g/dL)Total protein. 6.3 to 7.9 g/dL

Bilirubin. 0.1 to 1.2 milligrams per deciliter (mg/dL)

GGT. 9 to 48 U/LLD. 122 to 222 U/LPT. 9.5 to 13.8 seconds

I have got this from liver site UK not sure if it will help but it shows the levels it should be.

Gamma GT is my bug bear and has been raised for about 2 yesrs

• Posted

OK he is probably looking at it as a whole picture, it all depends on your age, size, eating and drinking habit's.

Has he suggested sending you to a hepotologist

• Posted

No he hasn't he asked if I drank which I don't

I drink tea and tea only very milky

I don't eat a lot

I'm 52 and about 5ft 3 11 stone I work hard never sat down or still so I just wondered what part of the blood test was high as I don't understand it he has not said he asked if I had gallstone problems which I don't think I do but he should know this then he went on about booking me in for a dnc for a different problem and that was the end of that I am going to have to go back as he's got me worried

• Posted

I don't understand why your Dr has given you results in the format he has, OK as far as I can see the only one that's significantly raised is your gamma GT, that's actually the commonest one same as me, have you been poorly lately, any infections, your LFTs can be raised because of that, your Dr is he dim or what, he should be the one explaining what's what.

When you see gyny he will probably know more.

Don't worry though its very common to have them raised and it be nothing

• Posted

Yes he is dim they leave you hanging on a thread

And no not been poorl apart from a cough and chesty which he gave me steroids for over a month ago

• Posted

That could have raised them, and it takes a while for them to return to normal so wait for next one and see

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.