Right ear clogged; hearing loss for 2 weeks.Today, blew my nose; ear unclogged but...

Posted , 3 users are following.

then my nose started to bleed. Just the right nostril, which is the same side of my previously clogged and hearing lossed ear.  In the past, i've had regular nose bleeds from either the arid hot temps (I live in Las Vegas) or through my own stupidity of sticking my finger in there (I know bad and gross habit). I'm just a bit concerned because the sequence of events was quite shocking to me. I'd just washed and dried my face, and my nose was a little runny so I grabbed a tissue and blew my nose (not too hard) and suddenly I could hear out my right ear again. I was so relieved and elated but as soon as I was about to tell my boyfriend about my hearing miraculously returning, my nose just started to pour blood. Has this ever happened to anyone else and if so, what is the explanation of it all. Did I have an ear infection? I don't think so cause I never felt any pain or had any discharge. I did have tinnitus every once in a while when my ear was clogged and hearing in my right ear was loss, and also I felt the pressure of the closure in my right ear. But no pain, no puss, no excess wax. My ears are clean. My nose is stopped bleeding now, though the right nostril is clogged. Funny! Someone please give me something! 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I wouldn't be too worried if you are hearing well again. I think it is just a coincidence but if you have anymore ear problems, see a doctor.

• Posted

My hearing gets really loud and certain sounds feel like there pounding in my head like bass from a car or simple air blowing super weird how come we cant put our emails on here for a private convo
  • Posted

Well the hearing was only temporary as my ear has gone back to feeling clogged and hearing in the right ear is minimal. I get tinnitus every once in a while but not too often to really notice. It's really bad when I stay up late at night, but I think that can be attributed to the less outside noise at those hours. If I'm in the shower, I can blow my nose and just for a second, the clogged feeling will be alleviated and I can fully hear, but just as soon it goes right back to stuffed feeling. I think it may be best to see a doctor. Thanks for the comments fellow patients!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.