UTI symptoms for a week and can't get an appointment until Monday?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone,

Basically I already suffer from quite a weak bladder/ and have anxiety about needing the toilet so I go a lot anyway, but last Thursday I felt sore after I went in the afternoon and kind of like I needed to go again. Friday morning I was fine, but in the afternoon felt like this again. The weekend I decided to 'flush out' any bacteria with drinking plenty of water which seemed to work as I felt completely normal by Monday afternoon. Anyway, I assumed it had cleared up on its own, as I've had one before which cleared up by itself within a few days. However, on Thursday morning j made the mistake of holding my pee in for a little longer than I should have, and the painful sensation was back when I peed, and so the frequent urge to urinate, but this time I could see blood in my urine, which as you can imagine freaked me out. It wasn't much, but I could still see s bloody tinge on the toilet paper and in the urine and it wasn't my period. I thought I'd make a doctors appointment today as clearly it hadn't gone away, and my anxiety was through the roof yesterday about it. But annoyingly I have to phone in really early if I want an appointment today and it gets booked up so fast , so I have to wait until Monday. I hate having to wait this long. What can I do to help ease symptoms and make sure I flush out bacteria whilst I'm waiting for my appointment?

Thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I meant to say, I am feeling a bit better now, haven't noticed any blood today and don't have the urge to go just a very slight soreness after going but barely anything but I want to see a doctor regardless

• Posted

hello SB14, have you been diagnosed with pmr, are you on any statins for high cholestrol, i ask , because i have been diagnosed with pmr, although not really confirmed,have all symptons, but dr originally put me on high dose over month ago 40 mg, without doing bloodwork, did because of intolerable pain and pmr symptons, at any rate i stopped taking statin med on my own, oct 5, week before i saw him, as i read how side affect could be responsible for my symptons, shoulder, buttocks, hamstrings etc, anyway, when bloodwork and urine was taken, blood in urine showed up on 2 urine tests, which can be a number of things, i now have to go for cystocopy next tues, never had any diagnosis or symptons for UTI, just wondered if you had seen dr prior to actually seeing blood in urine, and been diagosed with infection
    • Posted

Hello, No I unfortunately didn't see a doctor beforehand because it appeared to clear up on its own

• Posted

I would go online to Lloyds pharmacy and get a 3 day course of an antibiotic for cystitis. Normally you get a prescription within a hour. Of course this costs money! Still keep the doctor appointment to check out its nothing more than cystitis. There is no evidence drinking more helps just more painful toilet trips. Also the powders sold don't help. The body of course will eventually sort the infection but I see no reason to suffer. Get the antibiotics take the full course as per normal advice.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.