Ive had Ls for a while but havent had a breakout this bad in so long .. HELP

Posted , 8 users are following.

So I've had la for a while .. A few weeks ago I had strep throat and took antibiotics for it .. Wow my body hated that .. I can't owe without crying because it stings so so much .. I can't do normal life stuff bc it hurts so much .. I though I had bv so I'm taking flagyl at night .. And using clobestal on the area down there ..... I'm at my limit and don't really want to seethe doc again .. Any suggestions to numb it so it can heal .. Or any suggestions at all .. Please help

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Look into the discussion on here called "An experiment with Borax." I was in an awful flare up back in June when I found it and it has really made a huge difference in my LS. My gyno was very impressed with my improvement at my last appointment and was going to recommend it to a couple of her other patients dealing with LS. Good luck! Hang in there!

• Posted

I have used what is called Unjelly. It helps protect from the stinging when you pee. It has given me time to heal.
  • Posted

After taking antibiotics, it's a really a good idea to get some good probiotics from the health food shop because antibiotics can cause a lot of problems including vaginal thrush.  Don't hesitate to see your doctor, Sarah.   Best wishes.

• Posted

As was said, please read the forum "an experiment with Borax" immediately! The Borax completely have me my life back. It has been six weeks since I started and have had a total sesation of my symptoms. I was using Clobetasol twice daily w/o results and now I haven't had to use it at all since I started!

• Posted

Hi Sarah, my local shop sells borax substitute is this the same. Thank you.
    • Posted

Look for sodium tetraborate that is the correct one! Good luck
    • Posted

Thank you so much for ur reply. Looked on eBay found sodium t,( pentahydrate ).is this the correct one. £1.89.

• Posted

The only three names I know are: sodium borate, sodium tetraborate and disodium tetraborate. Don't recognize what you wrote, but please look up "what is Borax" on the web. Good hunting

• Posted

Also, please check out "an experiment with Borax" forum on this site. A lot of the woman are from the UK and there is a lot of great information on there!

• Posted

A frozen bag of peas!! Cover with maybe a small towel so it's not in direct contact with body and sit on it! A nurse told me about this and it has saved my sanity more than once!....x

• Posted

Kathleen, that is great and number the area, but if you haven't tried Borax solutions and baths, you really must! It heals and stops the itching, biting, burning etc! Check out "an experiment with Borax" . Made me a believer.

• Posted

"numbs" the area ... Lol auto correct

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.