Skin cancer

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,

I was diagnosed with malignant melanoma this March. It was cut out after initial biopsy and I was given all clear.

Now, another simular looking mole, about 50 mm from the original, has appeared very quickly.

Is this normal, I am going back next Friday to dermatology clinic.

Feeling anxious as this feels scary.

Mike.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Ok. Yes, this is scary. But, what you need to remember is that you already have an appointment next Friday so will definitely be seen by a doctor within days. Secondly, if they successfully treated the melanoma before they can do it again. Whether it's normal or not to get a second suspect mole after treatment I don't know, but what I do know is that you have a lot going for you. So don't start panicking yet, this will be dealt with and you will be fine. Good luck.

• Posted

Hi Joy,

Thank you, the last malignant melanoma was an old mole that suddenly turned, this one has appeared within a few weeks and is already the same size and irregularity.

It's not the cutting out I mind, that's no problem, it's getting one so close, a long 7 days before me.

Mike.

• Posted

I think you might find that if you phone the clinic and explain they will see you sooner. I had Lymphoma and have 4 monthly check ups but if I have a problem I ring and they see me sooner. And don't forget, melanoma is one of the most curable cancers. Let me know how you get on.

• Posted

Hi Joy, I was just diagnosed with Cutaneous T-cell Lymphoma last month. If you don't mind me asking, what kind of Lymphoma do you have? Hope all is well.

• Posted

Hi Maggie. I had Diffuse Large B Cell Lymphoma, 14 months since end of my treatment and so far so good. Except that during a routine scan they found a small Meningioma (brain tumour). But doesn't look like it's malignant from MRI so going to decide in May a place of action. Please don't worry about your treatment, I'm sure you will be well looked after, modern medicine is wonderful. Let me know how you get on.

• Posted

Glad to hear that Joy! Unfortunately, I have a rare variant of Mycosis Fungoides which is a subtype of CTCL. My dermatologist told me, there is no cure of what I have but we can manage it. He said not to worry about it because it's an indolent kind. I went to see an Oncologist, and he ordered a blood work to look for cancer in the blood and CT scan to rule out Lymphoma. Thank God my blood work came back normal but they found a nodule on my lungs which is 3mm. He's not worried about it because it's so tiny and I'm low risk (never smoked). I made an appointment with a Pulmonologist just to make sure. I do see my dermatologist every 3 months and every 6 months with the Oncologist. Currently given a cream (immune modulator) for the spots.

Good luck with your appointment in May and I wish you a complete healing.

Thank you for the encouraging words.

• Posted

A friend of mine was diagnosed with indolent Lymphoma years ago and is still doing very well so take heart, who knows, they're making advances in cancer treatment all the time, a cure could be found sooner than we think.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.