Surgury in 3 days!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi yall! My surgury is Monday afternoon.

Im not scared of the surgury itself but the whole IV things makes me sqeemish, so if I can make it thru that ill be golden.

I also found out we will be moving to the condo across from us next month and reminded my Hubby hed have to lift everything! Today is my last day at work and tommorow ill be shopping for provisions, magnesium, peppermit tea, etc.

I wondered if GasX would be a good thing?

I hear your rather gasy after the surgury.

If ive missed anything, let me know.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hello there. I understand what you mean about the IV thing cause I hate them too but if that's all your worried about then you will be just fine. Gas x is a good thing to get as well as a stool softner . Hospital socks are OK but you may wanna take your own. Also a few extra pillows at home helped me cause I am.a stomach sleeper but had to sleep in my side so had to use 1 behind my back to help me sleep. Make sure you have alternate pain medicine like Tylenol at home so you can wean off the percocet.

Why are you having a hysterectomy ?

• Posted

Get some nighties as there easier to wear and you mite like to get a bath stool as when I had mine I couldn't stand up for long in shower so very useful

• Posted

Hello I'm 7 days post op, I got a bath stool on carolines advice it's lovely to sit on in the shower :-) also got nighties two sizes bigger than me and fleece, that's like an external cuddle! Defo stock up on wind tablets I've got colepmin and peppermint tea! Plus stool softener movical has been a god send :-). I got a V Pillow too which is great to support your back when resting on the sofa and fab for support in bed :-) hope everything goes well on Monday thinking about ya :-)

• Posted

Glad I could of be of help yes I also got a v pillow as I couldn't sleep on side had to sleep sat up for a while

• Posted

Remember you need to rest after the operation. I had a oephectomy 3 years ago and ended up really poorly because I did too much too soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.