Migraines-IV DHE

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am due to go into hospital on the 28/11/16 to start a program of IV DHE which will last for around 5 days. I am aware that there is a lot of sickness that comes with it but just wanted some more insight into how people coped with the whole procedure

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Stella, sorry to hear this.  I am not familiar with IV DHE, but found this website that shows polls of people who have had this and their results by effectiveness and side effect.  Hope this gives some guideance from the patient level, rather than the dr level.  https://migraine.com/migraine-treatment/dhe-45-for-migraine-headaches/

• Posted

Thank you for the link and the information. I have received many different meds had Daith piercing Botox and still have debilitating migraine. I am hoping that this procedure will work for me. It is not as widely available in the U.K. As it is in the US so the data is from a much smaller sample. I must say that the majority of information I read comes from the US so thank you again
  • Posted

i had inpatient IV DHE  two years ago. My neurologist prescribed anti sickness drugs that the nurses gave me everyday and that was fine. My blood pressure went up very high while i was in there. Unfortunately it didnt help me at all and I felt completely wiped for about 2 months when i cme home. However good luck it may help you as everybody reacts differently.
  • Posted

I went to mhpni in Michigan and had this treatment. They give you Zofran and other medications to counteract any bad side effects. I didn't have any except my IV kept blowing which is not uncommon with DHE. I left with an arms length of new meds non of which made a difference. My neurologist promptly took off them and changed my preventative and rotation meds. Best of luck! It has worked miracles fr some.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.