Sigmoidoscopy today...!!! 😳

Posted , 3 users are following.

So the clinic called me last nite.. they had a cancellation and offered me the earlier appointment.. so obviously as I want to get to the end of this and eat some food I accepted.. kinda glad coz I'm the letter it said if u choose a later appointment sedation won't b available.. so now I'm gonna ask for everything.. gas n air n the sedative.. the less I feel/remember the better.. was gonna ask hubby to do the enema in me but now coz I'm going in early I have asked for the clinic to do it.. taking baby wipes tho..!! So scared but bit relieved that its earlier n I'll b home sooner..! Had nothing but toast n honey since lunch ystrdy.. absolutely starving..! Will write to u all after the procedure..xx

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

So ystrdy I went n had it done.. all I can say is it wasn't as bad as what I had been thinking.. it was on a mobile unit thing n it looked like a hospital inside..!!

Went to the reception n got booked in .. nurse came to get me n then went into a side room for the form filling.. then the enema was done.. u get a gown n some shorts with an opening at the back and a blanket for yr legs.. the enema was surprising.. was just cold liquid in yr bum.. then u gotta stay lying down till u feel that u need to go to the loo.. it's within 5 minutes normally.. when u go it's just the enema that comes out first I mean like all the liquid.. then u get the poopy coming out.. it's a bit watery then normal but not like the runs.. u only need to go once.. but I went again just before the doctor came to get me just in case...!! Then went into the next room.. lay down with bum just off the edge of the bed.. got a bit of cold jelly on bum n in with the camera.. asked for gas n air.. used it only twice.. it was just uncomfortable n felt pressure in tummy.. u can see on screen n it's amazing.. it's a 5 minute job.. the best part is when the camera is coming out.. then the nurse wipes yr bum n covers u with blanket n wheels u into recovery.. another nurse takes blood pressure n pulse etc etc. Chats to u for a while n then gets the results.. mine was hemmeroids.. then she closes the curtains n gives u wet n dry wipes.. u get dressed n go home.. in the car I did feel like I needed to use the loo but it was just the gas moving around.. came home n are n had a decent coffee.. had tummy ache n cramp gassy feeling all evening but was ok to go out with family.. stayed near the loo just incase tho but didn't need it... went to the loo before bed n had two bursts of runny poop.. then went to sleep.. with cramps..!! Woke up with hunger pangs and gassy cramps.. went to loo and it's all normal.. not watery.. just need to get rid of the gassy bloated feeling.. so I guess it's not as bad as u all think... good look with all the appointments..

Rasmi

X

• Posted

Rasmi you have put my mind at ease a little so thank you .I'm going for a sigmoidoscopy tomorrow and have read so many horror stories. I'm dreading it I'm not sure what I'm dreading the most the enema or what may be found .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.