I'm trying to come off diazapam. I can't manage it. Please help

Posted , 4 users are following.

8 years ago I was prescribed 30mg diazapam daily after the death of my mum. I began to develop some significant mental health problems and realised they were diazapam addiction. By then i was taking more than the prescribed dose and drinking. After attempting suicide I decided to go to an addiction clinic to help withdraw. I'm down to 6mg. I don't sleep. I'm depressed, anxiety through the roof. I have no family support and my friends have all gone. Diazapam has changed me. I'm wanting to take them again as it's too painful to come off. Please help

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi valerie,

Thats great that you are down to 6 mg!

I remember wanting to take more ativan when i was tapering. I was advised not to ever increase but to stay at the same dose as long as you need. Sometimes exercise would help me sometimes make it worse. Your body needs the time to learn how to function without the nasty drug. Is there a support group you can attend? I found it so helpful to hear about others struggles so i didnt feel so alone in the process.

I pray for God to give you strength and peace. Lynne

• Posted

Hello Valerie. It sounds like you are having a rough time. First and foremost remember u are not alone in your struggles. When I quit oxicontin, my withdrawal symptoms were insane. I knew when I quit cold turkey, there was no turning back. The one thing that helped me was I always had in my head that every day was going to be easier than the last. I kept my eye on the prize and that was Oxi free. I know you feel that no one is supporting you but the other thing I resorted to was prayer. I too was cobtiplating suicide and I was at a all time low in my life. The night I felt like giving up, I prayed to Jesus to show me the way to finally being free from the hell I created for myself being an oxi addict. My prayers were answered that night and I knew then I could accomplish anything I set my mind to. After my oxi withdrawal I then quit zopliclone and once again I was a mess. With gods help, I beat it as well and now I'm addiction free and haven't been happier. Val, there's no sgame in asking for help and admitting to yourself you need help. If you are having difficulty doing it in your own, reach out to get some assistance. I know u can do it. Don't give up. It's worth it in the end. I know

• Posted

Hi Valerie

You are wise to have chosen to work with an addiction clinic...I am so sorry your mum has passed...you must miss her every day...

All of us here will support you. We will read your rants. We will share our personal insites. We will be your online friends. We will be your support.

After all you have endured and you are down to 6 mg? Good on you! Speak with your counselor about sticking until your body catches up. Your counselor will know when to stick and when to drop.

It always takes more time to back down than it did to build up.

It is not too painful to come off...do not give upon all of your hard work...I am going to stay right here for you...

big hug

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.