complex ptsd

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi

Since 5 years I am suffering from the results of complex ptsd.

I have such deep fear of life death and the moment.

I feel the flight respons constantly and also dissociation from the feeling of self.

I was a happy person before... loving life...

Now I cant feel any possitive emotions...

Every minute feels unbearable and the years are flying by..

It feels like I am not taking part in the world anymore...

But I am...

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Talk to your GP and explain your Fears.

To be honest to worry about death is just counterproductive, we can be sitting around chatting to someone and just go, no-one knows when or how. it happens and that is part of the contract on life in general. When you need to go, you go,

Live your life, we never know when we are called so get on and live your life.

B.

• Posted

I feel sorry for you honestly because I'm in the exact same boat.

Here's what helps:

- Exercise regularily

- Eat very well and cleanly

- Do NOT drink alcohol or use drugs, cigarettes, caffeine, etc.

- Get rid of unnecessary stress (ex. toxic environment, toxic job, toxic friends, etc.)

- Try to get at least 8 hours of sleep a night if you can

- Take prescription medication of some kind (what ever works for you)

I've been doing all that for a while except just started taking meds 1.5 months ago and I'm still trying to figure it out (been taking Zoloft 100mg and so far it's done nothing, no side effects or noticeable positive effects).

Take care.

• Posted

Oh no that's so sad to read!  No wonder you found it in your heart and soul to write for help on here.  Someone needs to help you and discover why you have complex ptsd and what the triggers are.  I hope you get the help you need, I think you desperately need support now.  I wish you luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.