Help please

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi there

I've not been very well for a few months now with the following symptoms and had this constant pain in my right hand side.

I was dissmisssd by many doctors and had to go privately anyway long story short they took out my appendix which relived the pain finally and I've just been told that the results from the lab show that my appendix was full of granulomas all over.

My consultant arranged for me to have an X-ray and some blood tests done to see if my body is being affected by granulomas elsewhere but I was just wondering I've been suffering with agonising joint pain for months and months and am wondering if I have any granulomas at the joints and if this possible? I had an X-ray done a while back on my elbows and was told there was all white areas around them I was suppose to have an injection into them but the doctor doing it didn't know where to inject and sent me home.

I've also been diagnosed with POTS syndrome and chronic fatigue syndrome. My symptoms I have are as follows:

Very bad dizziness especially when changing position

Fainting

Fast heart rate

Very poor appetite

Very painful elbows that lock and click up to 20 times plus a day

Abdominal problems and very bad stomach after eating

Extreme fatigue

Depression

Muscle aches

Headaches

Irregular periods

I can't work or go out unaided

Thanks for listening xxx

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

It sounds like Sarcoidosis that is all the same symptoms of it I just went through all the same joint pain idk about pots syndrome never heard that one bit it may not be that just saying good luck

• Posted

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear you haven't been well. I have pulmonary sarcoidosis and had a lot of joint pain associated with it. It is a common symptom, so yes, it's definitely possible. Are you on any medication? I am in the US and have been on Prednisone for the last few months. It definitely helped with my joint pain.

I'm not sure about your other symptoms but I can definitely relate to the side pain. Except for me my pain has been on the left side. I've had that pain for years and we are still not sure what is causing it. I am assuming it has to do with the sarcoidosis affecting either my pancreas or spleen. I'm going to be getting a CT scan soon of my abdomen to see if it shows any abnormalities.

Good luck to you, I hope you start feeling better soon and can find out what is causing all your other symptoms.

• Posted

Hello. Sorry to hear that you haven't been well. I think you should go and ask them to check you for sarcoidosis. I suffered witness joint pain. Muscle ache. Irritated eyes. Swelling of my joints. Fatigue and breathing problems. My symptoms only lasted about 6 months. But it can flare up every now and again. Especially the breathing problems as I have scarring on my lungs. I hope you get some answers soon. Best of luck. X

• Posted

Hi Laureate20 ~

I'm so sorry you've been diagnosed with sarcoidosis.  I was dx'd back in 2005 and it's been raging ever since.  I do believe you can get those granulomas anywhere on your body.  I have it in my lymph nodes and lungs plus all around my head area...the cartiledge in the ears and nose, etc.

I have all the symptoms you are having with the exception, I don't and haven't fainted.  I do wish you well with your health and with prayers, you get better soon.  In many paitents, the sarcoidosis  goes away just as fast as it started.  Others aren't so lucky.  Hopefully, you are the first situation!

Take care of yourself

Frustrated61

• Posted

My abdominal CT scan showed that my pancreas was large.  I have got to have an angiogram to exclude heart disease as a cause of my shortness of breath, as this is my main sympton, as well as arthritis in shoulders(due to have surgery soon) and knees, and and uveitis on and off. All the best and I hope and pray you get some answers soon.
  • Posted

Wow thanks for all the comments, support and information it's very kind of you all this forum is fantastic. My consultant has organised all sorts of blood tests and a chest X-ray too so I'm guessing if any of these come back positive I'll know what's going on I'm just shocked I've never heard of granulomas before and didn't expect my consultant to tell me my appendix was full of them! Just have to wait and see what happens. Wish you all the best x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.