I just like to know as my medical notes have been rewritten and they have changed to shame me.

Posted , 4 users are following.

my question does anyone know if when you go to the hospital under different problems eg vas,blood,gastro and your sent home with medicines your given from hospital pharmacy and later your hospital discharge notes that are given later are different, dose your doctor get coppies of medicines that your sent home with, or dose he gets a copy of your hospital discharge notes as how would he know what your being given.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

My experience is being given note from consultant to be taken to GP who then writes prescription. Takes a day or two longer to get meds but keeps GP in the loop! I'm in UK!

• Posted

HIPA is a privacy act in the USA
    • Posted

Hi, I'm in Australia the wild west just joking my new comic book is how to be made a criple being boxed into a illness I didn't have when it walk's,talks and looks like one then you run.

• Posted

what are you stating,let it go and then explain yourself maybe I,m just like everyone else thats wants an answer and the truth but gets people that say trust me and then you become a cripple what a joke.
    • Posted

Upon discharge from hospital in the U.K, your GP is given a copy of your discharge notes, along with details of any medication given during your stay. Should you require any medication for use at home, the hospital pharmacy will provide them and your GP informed. GP will then prescribe any further medication. No need to ignore me lol!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.