Any one tried tranexamic acid

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm going to see my doctor on Tuesday to discuss my heavy blood loss when on my period. It's horrendous, bright red, flooding and leaves me feeling etxremely fatigued for days after. 

My periods stopped for 3 month in the summer but since starting hrt patches in September they started again.

I have small fibroids. I've read about tranexamic acid and wondered if anyone has tried it, was it successful, any side effects?

Thanks for any info

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I feel your pain. I used to have exactly the same before I got my fibroid removed. They do work but I think you can only take them for 3 or 4 days. I didn't have any side effects at all.

• Posted

tranexamic acid is very good to reduce the flow and yes it can be taken only for 3-5 days. however in my opnion it is just a cure to the symptom rather than the cause. If the underlying cause of heavy bleeding is say fibroid, then it needs to be treated accordingly.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.