My dad has copy 8years

Posted , 6 users are following.

My has had copd for 8 years but me an my family are breaking as my dad weighs less than 7 stone he's not eating an hes goin the toilet all the time he's looking so poorly an refusing to go the doctors we dnt no Wat to do hes really bad tempted any advice would b great he's 69 an he keeps saying he knows he's shutting down sad

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

He really needs to see a Doctor or go right to emergency!!!!!!!!
  • Posted

ditto what ellen said.

or if in UK just call 111 for their advice or the emergency number.

• Posted

I agree he needs to go to A/E, and see a doctor,  sometimes we have to intervene and make decisions for our parents. He is probably terrified about what is happening to him, so you won't be being cruel it will be the kindest gesture you will do, I know I have been there so I understand be strong, call the Out of Hours doctors, or insist on a home visit tomorrow. Good Luck be brave thoughts are with you. 

• Posted

This is a terrible disease that inflicts pain on everyone in our families. I agree with having him go to emergency or a visit from a professional at home if possible. I am often at wits end with struggling and sometimes it is hard to not just give up. But if my famiy interceded and forced me to go, I know deep in my heart that all would be forgiven in the end. Sometimes as the person with the disease, we forget that our lives matter to many people as we become overwhelmed with less and less independance.

I wish you and your family well and hope that your Dad will seek medical advice with your guidance. He obviously has a loving family that wants only the best for him.

• Posted

Thank you for ur advice my dad is a very proud man an stubborn. He will not go in to hospital as he says he will not come out an theres nothing the can do . It's his birthday tomorrow so I will celebrate it with him then have a chat with him an tell him he really needs some help.

• Posted

Happy Birthday to your Dad

Perhaps just say to your dad, getting professional medical help from his doctor, and perhaps the OT team accessible through his GP he could begin to feel much better with the proper health care he may need at this time,  and this time next year he may be able to enjoy his birthday celebrations even more than he can do today.

Best wishes to you and your Dad.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.