Has really bad ingoing mouth ulcers and now after an operation i have one genital ulcer help

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone im at my lowest point and really embarrassed. I suffer from auto immune problems mainly my heart and nervous system, ive always had ulcers from a child but as soon as one is going another one is making an appearance and they are deep aggressive things. My dentist said they were no trauma ulcers so suggested my b12 and iron be tested. When i went the doctors i had tonsilitos so they couldnt do a blood test until i had the all clear. I then had my op! So still havent been tested as if yet. I havent eaten very well atall in the last few weeks and i just woke yesterday wi and when going for a wee i noticed it burnt. I thought hmm maybe thrush although no thick discharge or itching atall i had a nice soak in the bath and dedided to look to find a massive ulcer the same as what i have been getting in my mouth. Just the one no small oumps or sores. Ps i have been screened for all stds. One sexual partner who im married to. Still no itch ect i am far to embarrassed to go to see anyone incase they think im dirty and advice would really help. Sorry for the post i didnt know who else to ask thanks x

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Cheryl. Pretty sure you have Behcet's disease which I have too.

Took me years to be diagnosed but have a lot of same symptoms. I recommend you call the Behcet's syndrome society helpline and speak to someone there for advice on where to go and how to be diagnosed. The genital ulcer is a key symptom. X

• Posted

And by the way...my nervous system was also affected by this disease. Look at my profile and see if it looks familiar. So much empathy for what you are suffering xx
  • Posted

Hi Cheryl, I have sent you a private message, hope it helps

Good luck

• Posted

Hi Cheryl,

You are not dirty!!!

Because you had your tonsils out and because you are inmunosuppressed, perhaps you have a reactive genital ulcer.

My second thought is herpes simplex virus type 1 which is typically found around the mouth. Those of us who have HSV-1shed the virus even when we do not have active breakout. HSV-1 can break out in the genital area.

Have the ulcers you have always lived with been diagnosed with a name?

kind regards

• Posted

Nothing to be imbarrase of.  Go to your doctor or gynocologist. They deal with this all the time and will give you good information on how to deal with this. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.