Lack of sleep dizziness??

Posted , 6 users are following.

Ive had dizziness for over a year and a half now.. Its so hard to stand or even go anywhere because of it.. I dont sleep very well at night i wake up quite a few times.. Could the dizziness be because of poor sleep??

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Insufficient patterns of sleep could contribute to an underlying dizziness, but it's unlikely to be the main cause. You might have an issue with the inner ear, especially if it's been over a year. Have you checked wth your GP?

• Posted

Checked with my gp many times.. Been to ent aswell they found nothin wrong with my ear
    • Posted

Could be related to migraines as someone says below. They are often overlooked at the doctor's office. If your tests are normal, that could be the issue. Best!

• Posted

Could be related to migraines as someone says below. They are often overlooked at the doctor's office. If your tests are normal, that could be the issue. Best!

• Posted

Yes a lack of sleep can make you dizzy. However if it's bad enough that you are losing your balance I would say you either have an inner ear issue or possible neurological disease.

Caroline

• Posted

Do you know why you do not sleep enough at night?  Is there difficulty in breathing, or breathing episodes?  Are there specific reasons why you wake up during the night?

Eleftherios S. Papathanasiou, PhD, FEAN

Clinical Neurophysiologist

Fellow of the European Academy of Neurology

• Posted

I have no idea why i dont sleep an no idea why i dont sleep well either.. Breathing is ok.. Dizziness heavy head feelin is there constantly.. Makes me feel as though i will collapse
    • Posted

Did ENT or neurology each at least mention what could be the problem?

• Posted

I had an episode this morning where my BP shot up and I saw rainbow triangle lights to the sides of my vision for about a half hour.it left but I'm tired and light headed now.

• Posted

I would assume that for any reason, the BP going up is indeed important and should be looked into.

• Posted

Had high BP off and on for 8 yrs since heart attack. On meds. Very concerned about hallucinations.
  • Posted

For me lack of sleep (or lack of quality sleep) can make me feel a bit dizzy/ off. There is a definite correlation. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.