Day 7 Tramadol withdrawal

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi Guys

This will be my final posting on my experience. Last night was my first night of sleep. It was restless at first, awake every one & a half hours or so, but fell asleep at 5AM & woke up at 10AM. The Monkey that was on my back is dead & buried. I will never take Tramadol again. Thanks to those who helped, you know who you are, but a special thanks to DeeDee.

Wishing you all the best. One final thing I will always respond to anyone that might need help or advice & trust that my sharing my experience has & will help others. It helped me.

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Thank you for sharing-it has helped me immensely! x
    • Posted

Pleased to hear that Cathy. My first day back at work today. On the train. All the best
  • Posted

Hey Peter. I'm addicted to tramodol and it really started because I was addicted to kepac 30 over 500 cocodemol. Not for pain or anything. I loved the buzz and the fact that it made me feel normal. And I talked a lot! I turned to tramdol because I found it more difficult to get hold of kepac. Mainly it was easier to get tramodol and the withdrawals I was getting on kepac were terrible especially the aches and pains. I take now really what I can get my hands on. 50 mg to 150mg tramodol. I've even took oxycotton. I really want to get off them. I've nearly run out. I worked Saturday night taking my tablets as per. I'm a taxi driver on night shifts. And yesterday I tried not to take anything. Went to bed and the pains in my lower back were terrible. I feel terrible and I literally could not sleep. I dunno what to do. I have 2 kids a wife. And some night shifts I can't even go in because I'm that tired. I lasted to 5 this morning and took 3 kepac and 2 tramadol. I couldn't face the pains no more. Any tips or anything my doctor can do to help. I get prescribed kepac and I'm actually afraid of telling him I'm addicted incase he takes me off them. I've been taking tablets now for about 9 months. So I'm quite a fresh tablet taker. This isn't years of dependants. Cheers

• Posted

Hi Dave

I recently put a day by day of what I did. If you want to get of Tramadol you will not be able to work for at least a week. I had 2 hours sleep in 72 hours, not to mention all the rest. All on my earlier schedule. I am just starting to sleep sort of ok now on day 14. You are the only one that can do it, I am sure you have heard that before, but it is a fact. I did it cold turkey, but I am a stubborn strong minded person & we are all different. Look at my 7 day by day log, see what you make of it. Good luck.

• Posted

At the moment close to Xmas ect I couldn't go a week with out work. Being self employed ect. I don't get holidays like yourself. I'm going to have to try a weaning off thing or something. Thanks I'm quite new to this so I'm still learning how to get up people's stories. Cheers mate

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.