no appetite and nausea all day

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi,im new to this forum,i havent been able to eat for two weeks with anxiety i have this on and off over the years and usually am into the gym and this keeps it at bay but this is going to kill me this time if i dont sort it.Will pregabalin help im at docs in morning.Any help please.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

.Hi Lee

​Pregablin is a heavy duty drug and best not to be taken for anxiety. I would worry if Your Doctor recommends it to you as it was oiginally to be taken for seizures then later found to help with neuropathic pain. It has many side effects, some very bad, and is a very difficult drug to come off - if you look at other posts on this forum you will understand why I say this. I would not recommend it. There are alternative meds out there to help with Anxiety (perhaps Amitriptyline) and best you discuss all this with your GP when you go tomorrow.

​I wish you well and hope you get the help you need tomorrow.

• Posted

Thanks for your reply you are right he would not prescribe it me anyway.Hes given me sertraline and propanolol.
    • Posted

I am relieved to hear this Lee. I hope the meds given will help you get control over your anxiety, but as always it takes time for change to be noticed and unless you have unmanageable side effects stick with it.

All the best

• Posted

Lyrica for anxiety is a bad move in my opinion. Unless your anxiety attack keeps going for a lot longer I would try anything else you can think of - meditation, CBT, or even cannabis. Lyrica is sheer hell to withdraw from taking many months for some people and I suspect you'll feel a hell of a lot worse than you're feeling now. You literally have to cut back your dose in micro amounts or give up on the idea of working and fuctioning like a human being.    

• Posted

Hi Lee.

As the other two posts...NO. Ask or find an alternative!

Sneakypete summed it up quite well!

Good luck.

• Posted

Rather late reply but I have anxiety (16 years of it) and 1 point in my life wouldn't leave the house but then I had CBT and it really does work I would highly recommend it along with relaxation it's not a quick fix you have to work with it but what a difference it has made in my life hopefully this helps

• Posted

I was taking Tramadol and diazepam and Butrans Patches. Two weeks ago my doctor put me on Gabapentin, I could not move due to kidney pain and even though I drink lots of water I wasn't passing urine and when I did it was very small amount and bright orange I could not move and had to have the doctor out. He upped the dose and I thought no this is not right so just stopped taking them. When able I went back to the doctors last week and they put me on Pregabalin, I started taking them last night and after the fact I woke up feeling drunk I will not be taking those again. This is all about cost and they are handing these out like sweets, funny how one pill can cure so many ailments don't you think? I was given a generic and when I looked up the company in the Czech Republic they have discontinued making them??? So it will be back to the doctors tomorrow as I am not taking these pills and would not advise anyone else to. Yes you can get dependent and yes you will go through withdrawal if you stop I did on Gabapentin, I expect its the same. I can see me having a massive argument tomorrow at the docs but I wont back down as people have died on this crap. I want to go back to what the consultant put me on and if I have to I will get an appointment with the consultant and get him to write to the doctors like he did when they tried it 8 years ago. All it boils down to is money & big pharma and they can shove there Pregabalin like the Gabapentin these drugs are evil look on You-Tube. Stay safe all x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.