Med side effect?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've had neuropathy for 5 years of lower legs. Now my doctor started me on gabapentin and this is addition to the Nortriptyline that I already take. I am also on medication for depression and seizures. Do you think that the medications are causing loose bowels?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I'm sorry that you are going through this difficult time. Having had Neurapathy for over 15 years I can totally relate.

I can't help you with your question. I did take gabapentin for a short time, but it didn't provide me with any pain management.

I pray that you find the relief for the pain you have. I know it can be difficult. Put your trust in the Lord him will provide the peace that you need.

God bless.

• Posted

If you live in the US your medicines come with paperwork that includes the side effects of the medicine you received. Also if you have access to the internet, google side effects of (name of medicine) and you can see what they are. I do believe that medicines can affect the condition you are dealing with. It seems we are lucky to have medicines that help with our pain and also cause havoc with us too. Good luck, it is so hard to juggle all the issues that come with pain. Sending hugs!  
    • Posted

Good advice. However I think she should also write these question down and take her notes to the doctor next time she goes.
    • Posted

I agree! If Tricia can copy from internet even better. Also, in the US pain management Dr's get all these issues and general Dr's most likely will not. 🍀

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.