Achilles Surgery recovery symptom

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi everyone- Had surgery on October 12 and currently working up to 8 hrs a day in shoe.  Boot rest of the day.  It was not a rupture but a repair due to scar tissue.  I have the run the gamut of strange sensations since surgery and the latest is the top of my foot by toes is REALLY warm and tingling.  No swelling just really uncomfortable, keeps me up at night  Dr. didn't touch that area, why does it hurt?

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Disruption of the nerves. You're probably experiencing some burning, tingling and what feels like needles sticking you?? If so that's because the nerves are trying to get back on track so to speak because they were shifted during surgery. I had total reconstruction and experiencing those symptoms and yep they are annoying. Wishing you a full recovery.

• Posted

Hi, Karen.

I have had similar symptoms, although not the "really warm."  PT and doc explained that swelling around ankle can disturb sensory nerves that enervate the foot, often along the top and side towards the small toes. Ice and elevation can help.  You might want to check with surgeon to make sure nothing unusual is happening.  

I am 15 weeks post op and still have some swelling and tingling around the ankle ans sometimes the top of toes, although less frequently. 

Good luck and best wishes for speedy and complete recovery. 

• Posted

Hi Zkaran you have done really well I had a opp on 23 /8 2016. Still in boot as I had to have Tendons grafted as well as toes had pins in on both sides only now started walking in my trainers old ones as foot is swollen ,, I have cut the toe part out do up can get your foot in it , it feels strange walking on it if I didn't have my crunchers I would fall that's for sure ,I am trying to walk more steps every day but in doors I have been told but boot goes on outside   ,,  how many times a day do folk ice ,,,you will get there but it sounds like scar,,tissue. I had it with my last opp , Outro sound helps inflammation,,,inwilll have it tomorrow on the  Akillers ,, sorry the best spell worste one in my class 😅😅😅good luck Karen. Linda ,

• Posted

Hi Karen ,  yes I agree there I have now gone into old trainers only just in doors doing walking steps did 150 thurs today need to do them but too knacked did the ones for the foot ankle,  had to go out in the car and walk so that's hard work in that heavy boot hate it must keep at it , but it's such hard work any way it feels really strange when walking my foot is so swollen   Couldn't walk with out my crunchers while in the old trainers I would go over Karen ,,never mind just hang in there get there in the end hopefully ,takecare  ,Linda 😀

• Posted

Just curious you said the surgery was a repair due to scar tissue? Did u b have a previous surgery? How did your doctor determine the scar tissue was a problem. What symptoms did you have before surgery?
    • Posted

I have had achilles issues for years and they always got better after rest and PT.  This last time though, even after rehab, ice, rest, etc, things did not improve.  He did equnius surgery as well as the achilles repair.
    • Posted

I was just curious I just had achilles surgery this past June and am still having alot of pain. The doctor I went to for another opinion did an ultrasound and said there is to many sutures left inside and to much scar tissue an that is what's causing my pain. That he recommends surgery to remove it. This is my first time having the surgery and now this problem as well so just trying to get some insight as to if anyone else had this problem or had to have a second surgery to remove scar tissue.

• Posted

I had the scar tissue from all the years of microtears and the achilles trying to repair itself.  Hope you find relief!
    • Posted

The sutures aren't dissolve able. The doctor says those an the amount of scar tissue are the problem.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.