TVT Problems

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had TVT surgery 2 weeks back and since then I have been struggling to empty my bladder properly. I have to move around on the toilet in many different positions to empty my bladder, and I'm not certain whether it is even fully being emptied 😕 I have got an appointment at the drs in the morning. Has anyone else had this trouble ? And how did the problem get sorted ? Thank you x

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Karen, sorry you are having this problem. Hopefully it will resolve itself but unfortunately there are other some ladies who have had similar issues. Some have had to resort to using catheters for a time. It may be that the mesh has been placed too tightly. If you are on Facebook at all there is a group called Sling the Mesh where you can get lots of advice and assistance from women who have had similar issues

Jackie

• Posted

Thanks Jackie. Will take a look at the Facebook group x

Karen x

• Posted

It's a uk based group run by a lovely girl from Cambridge who had TVT last year. There are nearly a 1000 members most have or have had issues and they are lovely. If you're having problems now you will really need to see the experiences of other women and see what your options are. I had my TVT 12 years ago but didn't have voiding difficulties at all. My issues are chronic pelvic pain (hips, groin and thigh) which have developed over the years. I now have fibromyalgia which I have linked back to the surgery. I had a special pelvic scan last week and my TVT has moved and is sitting in the wrong place. I have to be fair and also say that there are many women who have had no issues with the procedure so it's not all bad though knowing what I know now I never would have had it done

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.