Flucloxacillin causing me bad discomfort!!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello i got put on flucloxacillin due to a infection but from the day i started it ive been having stomach pains, tight chest and terrible headaches does anyone think i should go see my gp or just carry them on?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Go back to your GP. I took a terrible reaction to them and it's upset my stomach a few weeks later. I'm not a scaremongerer but I wish I had someone tell me to discontinue them when I had the chance. I thought I was strong and healthy (I'm 30) but they've depleted my health somewhat and further investigation into why this is still affecting me with acid reflux is ongoing. Have a chat with your GP, take care and let me know how you're getting on! Good luck, M x

• Posted

Hello! I went to a doctor who said just keep taking the antibiotics so i took myself off them and still have the infection as i dont want to be at work while there making me feel ill!!
  • Posted

Hey, I think you did the right thing. If you come off antibiotics you can build up bacterial resistance which is why docs will advise you stay on them. But if you're not tolerating them and you know that in yourself you absolutely did the right thing! I'm in a mess from taking these for a week and a short course of antibiotics for a UTI the week before. Loads of stomach issues which are leading to anxiety like I've never had before. Wouldn't advise that or wish that on anyone and I'm having to rely heavily on a support network of friends, family and boyfriend at the moment to keep me going. Acid reflux is so much more than heartburn and the Gaviscon advert if you have it bad. I keep worrying about it returning because it makes me lose my appetite and chokes me up which has led to me having to calorie count to keep weight on (I'm very slim anyway), can feel it coming up my throat at night and my stomach is in knots waiting for the next attack...which doesn't help...I'm worrying about things that will make me panic which is illogical, but if anything sets this off then it debilitates me for days. It's horrible. I was healthy before 2 weeks of taking antibiotics other than an infection and I would welcome that back over this anxiety and at times the inability to eat. Good luck x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.