Elevated Liver Enzymes

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello, for the last 5 months my liver enzymes have been elevated and have been doubling. They are around 285 now. All my other tests are coming back clear so the doctors are stumped. I've had an ultrasound and my liver looks fine. My symptoms are acne breakouts on my face, fatigue, disrupted sleep, night sweats (several nights a month), digestive issues and impossible to lose weight (gaining a little) despite eating a clean diet and weight training 5 days a week. I never eat anything bad and have lowered my food choices that I eat to a select few now (gluten Free oats, egg whites, green beans, long grain brown rice, sweet potato, chicken breast, extra lean frozen beef (twice per week), extra lean ground chicken and turkey, and canned tuna. I will also have bell peppers, green peas and green Onion the odd time. I bloat easily and drink at least 2 litres of water a day on top of any I o drink during exercise. I never cheat or miss a workout. I clean my face twice a day and no matter what I do it keeps breaking out. I should also mention I have polycystic ovarian syndrome and pseudo hyperparathyroidism.

Any thoughts on what could be happening? My doctor put a referral into the liver doctor (gastroenterologist) and now I'm waiting again for answers. I'm so sick of feel frustrated and wondering why my body doesn't respond to diet and exercise like others. I can't even lose weight on restrictive diets that everyone else can. My metabolism is showing it is functioning fine according to my doctor.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I hope someone can give advice. I'm in a similar position except ultrasound has shown I have fatty live as well as abnormal LFTs. I'm the healthiest person I know yet have gained so much weight which won't budge. If I ate deep fires mars bars I would understand but I don't deep fry anything. I also have developed high cholesterol. I think my issues might have come from long term starvation dieting as I know this can cause this but I stopped this several years ago and I thought things might have improved. I'm distraught about this and don't know how to fix it

• Posted

Hi Jackie! I'm so sorry to hear about your current health situation. I feel for you as I have struggled with my weight my whole life. I've lost 90 lbs through strict diets and now after they've all stopped working for me I am trying to lose the last 20lbs through a whole foods diet and exercise. I never cheat, I lift weights 5 days a week and I don't look any better. I've been doing this for 5 months now and it's so frustrating. I too am the healthiest person I know and cannot believe I have these elevated liver enzymes. They've been doubling a few times and now they think it may be a liver virus. So who knows.

• Posted

One way of eating I am going to try is by Joel Furhman. He has adopted a Nutrarian way of eating and has fixed many people with health issues. You basically cut meat out of our diet and eat lots of RA veggies (and cooked), nuts and beans. It's a very cleansing diet. Meat is hard to digest and affects hormones in the body. Also I am trying food pairing as I think some of my issues are digestion issues.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.