Fainting episodes ? Can't diagnose and need help.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi,

I already posted a discussion here about my fainting episodes and can't seem to find answers.

So briefly, I have been having fainting episodes, constant lightheadness, headaches and nothing relieves my pain. The only way for the my dizziness to stop is to lay down!

Also I have Hashimoto and PCOS.

Went to neurologist this morning he said there is nothing wrong from his side..went to the ER and did an echocardiogram and ECG and all seem fine, now they are booking me for a holter monitor test..

Then my GP tested my blood pressure when laying down and it was 121/71 then he checked again my blood pressure standing up (and feeling dizzy) and it was 137/75.. is it something to do with my fainting episodes?

Here are some blood test I did a month ago.

Tsh = 5.974 (0.3. - 3.0)

Free t4 = 14.49 (11-18)

Ferritin = 39 (10-291)

Haemoglobin = 15 (14-17)

Vitamin b12 = 401.0 (156-672)

Am cortisol = 531 (119-618)

I'm on Levothyroxine 25/50mg.

Thanks.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hello, I did a search and found that Hashimoto's with adrenal insufficiency can appear as Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome.

Your thyroid disease, indicated by high TSH, may be advanced enough to cause adrenal problems.

Both PCOS and thyroid disease may be linked with low iodine levels. Consider a kelp supplement. Bladder wrack is known to be helpful.

• Posted

Could be. I'm out of answers really because I can't find any help. I have blood tests again for t3 and tsh and t4 next month and also have an ACTH blood test.

• Posted

I sent you a pm. It's often difficult to get testing for adrenal problems. Easier to start with some reading.  With your T4 high enough, you shouldn't have brain fog and should be able to sort things out.

• Posted

One more thought. If you've had neck injuries, this can contribute to all sorts of problems, both thyroid and ear, because if your neck is out of wack, you ears can't drain right and you get fluid buildup, which can cause dizziness and inflammation. I've found a trip to a good chiropractor and avoiding getting water in my ears while bathing and swimming are the easiest ways to deal with this.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.