Palpitations and pains

Posted , 2 users are following.

For over a month now I been having sharp pains in my arms, shoulders, neck and jaw. Some days they are good some days they are not. Here recently I have started having, what I believe to be, heart palpitations all throughout the day and the pains are still happening. The pains tend to be worse while at rest.

What should I do?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Make an appointment with a doctor, preferably a cardiologist, QUICKLY. See if he will, as well as administering the usual tests,prescribe some nitroclycerin--that will at least tell you if it's just angina. Have you been checked for GERD? Sometimes mimics heart pain. Try to get this resolved as quickly as you can.  If you are American and can't afford to see a doctor, go to the ER of a charity hospital.

• Posted

I've had an EKG done while I have had these symptoms, and blood work. Doctor said both were fine. Which other tests should I ask for?

• Posted

Make an appointment with a doctor, preferably a cardiologist, QUICKLY. See if he will, as well as administering the usual tests,prescribe some nitroclycerin--that will at least tell you if it's just angina. Have you been checked for GERD? Sometimes mimics heart pain. Try to get this resolved as quickly as you can.  If you are American and can't afford to see a doctor, go to the ER of a charity hospital

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.