Day surgery for ovarian cyst

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have just receive my letter confirmation my operation date and on that letter it advises I am a day case surgery. I have a large ovarian cyst about 30cm that requires open surgery rather than keyhole. I find this very worrying as I have had this opp before for a previous cyst which was half the size and I was in hospital for nearly a week and remember not being able to walk the first day and finding hard to walk the second. Has anyone else had day surgery for this opp?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hey, I would ring them. I had open surgery and was in for 3 days. I wouldn't imagine you would be out the same day.

Tanya

• Posted

Samantha, I was diagnosed a couple of weeks ago with an ovarian cyst that is 30 x 16 x 26cm. I just had a double mastectomy Nov. 7th without reconstruction and trying to cope with yet another problem in this cyst mess. I found out about the cyst 4 days before my mastectomy!  I;m BRCA2+ on top of everything else. I'm just so nervous about this cyst surgery. Have you ever heard of anyone having such a large one removed laproscopically? It's a fluid filled one.

• Posted

Hi, I had a semi fluid/ solid cyst that had attached to my bowels and intestines. Size of a melon. My operation was meant to be laparoscopy but because of everything being attached they did open surgery bit it was all fine. Xx
    • Posted

Thanks, I'm so stressed out about it. This Dr just totally ruled out la

proscopically removing it. I'm just dreading being cut on again any time soon as I still have 3 drains from my mastectomy.

• Posted

I'm going through the consultations/scans for a cyst of about the same size as you ladies, haven't had a firm measurement yet, but it goes from my breast bone to my pelvic bone and makes me look very pregnant. From what I gather it is a mucky fluid filled type. Have had CA125 test which was normal and the gyno has told me i'll have to have a full hystorectomy sad.Which seems quite drastic.  It's all very worrying, about to have an MRI and then back to the gyno in 2 weeks. I feel your worries ladies x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.