Back pain

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi I've had back pain for a few years now I put it down to really bad posture and incorrect lifting in my job thing is I recently found a small lump on my upper back now I'm going out of my mind with worry that I have some sort of sarcoma thanks to Google diagnostics my head is in a spin

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

• Posted

Try and not stress David you may have pulled a muscle or have a spasm which is extremely painful, make an app with your GP but don't be fobbed off as back pain can take a long time to get a diagnosis and if it persists ask for an MRI, try and take care of yourself in the meantime, don't over do it, lift everything through the knees, and maybe gentle exercise from an expert, lots of gentle stretching several times daily and maybe seek chiropractic treatment or other alternatives if you can to see if it will give you relief. My advice would be prevention is better than cure and if you read some of the stories on here you will see what I mean, try everything you can down the natural route and hopefully with exercise diet and good posture you may be able to correct it yourself, this will take time but keep at it because the alternative could be a life time of trying to live with it, please don't take this as a negative I would rather tell it as it is through my own experience and help one person avoid this misery, I wish you all the best and hope you get sorted real soon, keep us informed on how you go 😊

• Posted

Thanks I've only got myself to blame for my back problems I'm just so wound up about stuff I read on Google in relation to sarcoma I don't know why I'm letting something rare as sarcoma bother me so much

• Posted

Don't beat yourself up we've all done it, it's probably nothing to worry about but needs checked anyway, take my advice tho we need to take more care of our spines 😊

• Posted

Hi David if you had back pain for a few years it has nothing to do with the lump.  Google can be dangerous.  I do it all the time, self diagnos.  Of course it's always the worst thing possible that I'm convinced I have.  Why can't you wrap your head around or google fatty tumor which is never cancer.  A friend of mine had one started small waited a year till it was the size of a hockey puck.  Finally went to Drs had surgery all is well it was a fatty tumor.  Linda

• Posted

David  don't have the computer diagnose anything.  Go to your family or

a dermotogist and get a proper diagnose.

God Be With You

Happy Thanksgiving

• Posted

David04246

Please don't look up on Google as it will drive you insane

Please make an appointment with your dr

Let us know what the find out

Please bend with your knees you don't want to blow out anything back there

Take care

Cynthia (Cindy)

• Posted

Hello Cynthia, I'm new to the forum and you seem to have experienced what I'm going thru now. I've had the Nevro Sensa stim for a year now, but thought I was loosing my mind that the trial gave me more relief than the implant! I have been in alot of nerve pain still, issues with the unit and just today my charger will no longer come on. I charged fine the day before and now today it seems to be dead! I will be contacting doc or Nevro rep first thing Monday. They have always made my additional pain more my issue that I don't charge EVERYDAY. When I charge e everyday, I get the same result!!! What do you mean when I say yours stopped working? Please describe

• Posted

Hi Sonia and Cyntheia My friend had a spinal cord stimulator implanted about 6 yrs. ago.  She said the same thing you're saying, the trial gave her relief the permanent one was a bust.  She never found any setting that helped her whatsoever. Then the company started blaming her for all the problems.  She finally shut it off.  About 3 years ago she had the battery removed and is sorry she ever got it due to the fact she could never got any relief. .  She doesn't want to go through the surgery to remove the stimulator as she feels it's too risky.  Also she can never have an MRI for anything due to the metal.  Hope you have better success than her.

• Posted

I had the stimulator implanted in me 3 months need an MRI on my foot

no local imaging place will do it.  Dr has to find a hospital to do the MRI.

One of the cons of this procedure

• Posted

Zapamania,

I cant wait two more days I will definitely let you know so you can tell your friend im sure it will be well worth it so u can get MRIs which I need one bad.

Good luck to your friend

And I will definitely keep you posted on my out come

Cynthia ( Cindy)

• Posted

Sonia112,

The unit just shut right down I didn't touch nothing, I couldn't figure out why I was up and moving around and not stuck in bed I was like yes!!! So when I got a hold of my rep he looked after I said to him did you turn off my stimulator n he said no, so I left it off, after that day it was three months in bed no energy to get up to go to the bathroom or shower i just couldn't deal with life, n after that shut down life came back it was amazing

I hope you left yours off, I am getting mine out on 12. 08 16 I am so happy bad news no dr after Jan 1st.... Ugh unbelievable....

I hope things work out for you good luck keep me in the loop

Cynthia

• Posted

Hi Cindy thanks for the info hope you can find the answer good luck. Linda
    • Posted

Linda

It's the big say 12/8/16 I'm sitting in the waiting room waiting to be called back to have this taken out it is now 2:26 my appt was for 1:30 ugh I just want to get this over and done with so crossing fingers I'm next it takes an hour to get out

Let u know how things go

Take care

Cynthia ( Cindy)

Hope you have better days head of you)

Best of luck Cindy! Keep smiling and pushing through and dont ever give up!! Smile smile smile it helps with the pain!! 😁

• Posted

Hi Cindy are you getting the stimulator renoved?  Doesn't that require surgery? I'm confused.  I thought it would be surgery the same as when it was put in.  Linda

• Posted

Linda

Yes I had it explant it that the term they use, I couldn't get an MRI and my dr will ( he won't be my dr much longer after Dec 31) thinks I'm having problems in my fusion my have to go up higher on the fusion. My back has been killing me since they put the stimulator in i kept telling them but for 2 years they kept pushing me under the rug until I felt like I was being electrocuted, so I got a job of Nevro and talked to them, it sad that you trust these drs with your life and they go and lie to you I felt do disappointed in them, and now because of insurance they do not take my 2ndary so I have to find another dr which I think is totally bs because how can u find a new dr within weeks I do shake my head at how they did this, because of the meds I'm on I'm hoping they give me a few months til I find a good dr I want pain management plus neurologist so I don't have to go to a million Drs now in the condition I am in. Thanks for asking it hurts bad.

Cynthia ( Cindy)

• Posted

Cindy

I need an MRI on my foot no local imaging place is equiped to

do this, so I have to do it in a hospial setting.

Paul

• Posted

Hi Cindy my girlfriend had the stimulator put in and hated it from the beginning.  As I said they told her they wouldn't remove it for 2 years.  She just shut it off and eventually had the battery removed.  She's skeptical of removing the stimulator cause she's afraid they'll screw her up more.  She's  on quit a few pain meds. Good luck hope it works out for you.  Linda

• Posted

Linda,

To be honest with you I can notice a difference already it was pushing up against my nerves I'm not 100% but I feel alot better I can get a around alot better just barely using my caane now just using it for balance and security, so afraid of falling over and getting hurt, but I can tell there is definitely something going on with sciatica nerve I feel like I did 20 years ago yuck so back to square one with dr and pain.

Good luck to your girl friend hope she decides to take it out as I said I can feel a difference.

Good luck stay in touch

Best wishes

Cindy

• Posted

Hi Cindy I'm glad you feel a difference for the better.  I will tell my friend about this.  I just have a feeling she's scared of anymore surgery.  She's on a lot of drugs and lives with it.  Stay well Linda

• Posted

Linda

I can feel her with that also still on alot of meds too. And the bad news is that I'm not going to have a dr after December 31st it's scary knowing you've been on these drugs for 20 + years and now I don't know who I'm gonna go see I'm hoping since they don't take my meds that they will give me a few months to hold me over til I can find a good pain management/ neurologist cause I think I need another fusion unfortunately.

Tell you friend to hang in there she will notice a difference once she gets that hardware out of her.

Tell her good luck and just do it best decision I had made in a long time. Now I know where my pain is coming from.

Tell her to stay Strong and smile it does help to smile cause your not moping and making your pain level higher.

Tell her I said take care and I'm thinking of her. And nothing but got thoughts coming her way!!

Lots of smiles and love her way,!!

Cynthia ( Cindy)

• Posted

Hi Cindy my friend is going to a pain management clinic and is on many different pain meds.  Her newest one is methadone which is used for heroin addicts but also for pain.  She's been on meds 20+ years like yourself.  Thanks for your words of encouragement.  Linda

• Posted

Linda,

I've been on that one for 20 years so that's what scares me with the no doctor cause you go through like you are on heroin and you go through withdrawals so I'm hoping they will give me a few months til I can find a new doctor. I don't want to go through that it's the worse.

Take care

Cindy

• Posted

Cindy you're right about the withdrawal my friend said it's horrendous.  She said if it happens again she's gonna go to rehab for it.  She can't do it alone. She said it's like having the flu & stomach virus at the same time.  Hopefully you can avoid that.  You have to get pain management asap.  Linda

• Posted

Linda,

Omg it feels like you are going insane, the aprn took me off the methadone the wrong way just boom and put me on something that didn't work for me omg I was in pain for 2 months straight crying and rocking like I was a crazy person finally the dr was in the office and in my chart in big red letters it says do not take her off methadone per dr T. Thank God

Cynthia ( Cindy)

• Posted

Hi Cindy what about Suboxene? That's what my friend finally got to wean her off methadone.  It keeps you from getting all the nasty side effects.  Did you ever hear of it?  She said it works.  

• Posted

Linda,

Yeah I had a friend that was taking them for other reasons I mean an acquittance she was so hooked on everything under the sun so the dr gave her those she let me try a few they made me so Ill ( this is with the methadone totally out of my system because my roommate stole my whole bottle and I couldn't do nothing about it ugh it didn't work for me like others idk I don't know if it's the pain level?

Cindy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.