Zolair

Posted , 4 users are following.

after reading all the posts about zolair injection that doen't work i'm hesitant now has anyone had good experience ? 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Rose!

My Dr advised me to get that shot too... but after all the stuff I read I declined for now. Scary stuff

• Posted

Hi there

I was on a 6 month course of Xolair over the Summer and had superb results straight away and remained hive free for at least ten weeks after my last, sixth, injection.

Sadly the hives have now returned albeit not as bad as before... yet. Unfortunately I'm a rare case as I am allergic to anti-histamines (this reaction only started when the urticaria started as I've been fine on AB before so it's baffling!). Therefore I am now having to 'live' with it until it reaches the star of being really bad again and they'll look at putting me back on Xolair.

Just wish they could find the reason why ...

• Posted

Yes that's very unfortunate! Been on antihistamines, and Pepcid. Occasionally I get to have steroids which really helps! But have had so many over the past year I can't use anymore only for emergency situations. I notice if I stay more gluten free and eat well, then they calm down for a bit. It's like being allergic to yourself!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.