Mild adult case of Hand Foot and Mouth. Anyone similar?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi,

About 2 weeks ago my 20 month old came down with HFM . Had a fever days 1-3 then fever broke and had blisters on his feet and one in his mouth. Four days after my first son got it, my other one did. Same thing for him with fever 1-3 days then blisters. With him he had very bad sore throat and mouth blisters but didn't really get many blisters on his hands or feet. Doctor confirmed hand foot and mouth.

A couple days after my first son got sick I started to feel kind of run down and sick. The first week I had a sore throat, was very tired, had a horrible headache everyday and no appetite. Could still go about normal day though. The second week only the sore throat remains and I also noticed about 10 very faint and small red dots on my hands that I assumed were from washing my hands too much while the kids are sick. They do not itch and are extremely small.

Is it possible I have a very mild case of HFM? Has any other parents had similar symptoms while caring for their kids? I still have a sore throat and it has been 2 weeks.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Based on my own experience, I would say yes. When did the bumps on your hands appear? Mine started as 2 bumps then progressed over the next 2 days.
    • Posted

I had mildy itchy fingertips. The dots on my hands never blistered or got worse. It is now 7 days later and everything is gone so I'm assuming I did have HFM and a very mild case.

• Posted

I would agree and say you are very lucky that you didn't get it worse. Just make sure to wash all your bedding and sanitize surfaces just to make sure. smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.