Heat

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi.  I have fibromyalgia and one minute I can be hot then cold.  The last 3 weeks I have been so very hot that I cannot cool down. I run hot most of the time now.  The sweat is pouring off my forehead and hair.  Has anyone else had this or got any tips?  I am 41 so also wonder if its early menopause

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi i have had this some problem over the last few weeks , as you said i didnt know if it was menopause as im 42 , it just all of a sudden comes all , i'll keep an eye on this post to see if anyone has any tips .

• Posted

This could be related to menopause but I am post menopausal and I have been experiencing the same symptoms since a month or so. I really think it is due to FM in my case anyway. Comes and goes. 
  • Posted

I had the same thing happen over the summer and then it just stopped. Being 42, I too thought early menopause. But then it stopped as suddenly as it started. Chalked it up to another fibro symptoms. It's hard to tell what is a new symptom and what is a new illness. But I haven't had any new hot/cold spells.

• Posted

I am 66 and have been through menopause. I run hot and cold constantly!!! The worst is at night, blankets on, blankets off, on, off, on off. I don't get much quality sleep as I am constantly changing position and either covering or uncovering myself. I honestly believe it's the fibro. 

• Posted

My head runs like a garden hose turned on full force. I have been post menopausal since 1972.

I am goig to discuss it with my endocrinologist next visit....

Dry wishes to all! chuckle chuckle

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.