Worried

Posted , 7 users are following.

I've had linchen scoliosis for a long time now under control using steroid cream,

my whole vagina area and clitoris have shrunk right back I have terrible pain and soreness tightness having intercourse.

I went to my GP a month ago because I noticed small lumps just above my clitoris area . She said she would refer me to the skin clinic at my local hospital I phoned the other day my appointment isn't till February I'm very concerned any advice from anyone

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I'm so sorry to hear about your suffering with LS.  It's a mean disease isn't it.

?I don't know what you are using to keep LS at bay, but I advise you to go sit in either baking soda baths (1/3 cup) or borax bath (1/8 cup) to perhaps find some relieve.

?For the improvement of intercourse I would suggest regular dilation to keep things stretched. 

?Plus - think about your diet.  I have cut out most sugar, alcohol, caffeine.  I am eating gluten free and almost dairy free. Only small amounts of meat. It has made a difference.

?Wishing you well.

• Posted

Hi Gail. I ws in remission for many years and have some of the same issues with pain during intercourse.  I really think in my case it has to do with hormones and my estrogen levels.  As we get older vaginal tissues get dry due to hormone levels dropping.  I just got some emu oil and I am using that now as well as my ususal estrogen oil and progesterone cream.  I have had issueswith bumps in the past but they may have resulted from friction due to less moisture/  Best to get checked
  • Posted

So sorry... 

I haven't been able to have intercourse for over a year and a half now! It's been extremely tough on both myself and my husband in fact I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to tolerate vaginal intercourse again, way too much shrinkage and damage to the perineum. By all means get those lumps checked out. In my case I think reoccuring yeast infections and hormonal imbalances have been contributing factors to my LS... 

Good luck sweetie!

• Posted

I agree - when lumps - that needs to be checked out. 

??I had another thought - when using globetasol I learned that it lowers the resistance for bacterial infections.  It may explain why I had to cope with a series of bladder infections for instance.  By using small amounts of coconut oil this may have helped, since there is an anti bacterial element in coconut oil.  For some reason, when using the occasional apple cider vinegar in my spray the bladder irritation often disappeared. 

?With the introduction of borax in my spray bottle after each bathroom visit, interchanged with baking soda rinses and coconut oil I am no longer using globetasol.  Borax makes the skin more flexible.  Both 'melt away' ever so gradually the fusing.

?And I'm still using hormone replacement. 

?Perhaps the above may be helpful.

• Posted

Hi there hanny iam very interested in this borax and coconut oil, do yourub them on as this is all so new to me, iam in so much pain and iam so miserable would like to try and help myself

Thankyou jill

• Posted

Hi Jill,

?Perhaps also look on this forum under the topic "An experiment with Borax" .  People do not all use the borax in the same way. 

?What I do with Borax -  I sit in a bath with 1/6 cup of Borax every other day.  I rinse with a mixture of pleasant warm water and three pinches of borax in a Perin bottle after every bathroom visit. (shake well to dissolve)

For lubrication and added comfort I apply after drying a small amount of coconut oil. 

?Hope this will get you on your way. 

• Posted

Very interesting hanny32508! I have heard of lots of different uses of borax. How much water do you put in the tub and what is a Perin bottle?  
    • Posted

I sit in a full bath. 

​A Perin bottle is the kind of bottle that often is given to women after giving birth at the hospital for rinsing. 

• Posted

hanny32508

First I just want to thank you so much for sharing your knowledge with us. I have never given birth so I had no idea what a Perin bottle was. I googled it! Not sure if our local drug stores have them but I will cerainly look. Right now I am using a spray bottle with a half and half mix of saline and peroxide but I will most definitely give the borax a try! I read the thread on "An experiment with borax." Found it to be extremely enlightening and I did my first borax bath a few minutes ago. I went with your suggestion of 1/6 cup in about two and a half inches of nice warm bath water. I found it to be very pleasant not irritating at all...

Borax is something I always keep in my laundry room cabinet thankfully.

I also keep cold pressed organic coconut oil, there are so many wonderful uses for it besides just in the kitchen. I will definitely let you know if the borax helps! So glad I ran across this site...

Thanks again!!! Many healing blessings to all...   

• Posted

The perin bottle may be a brand or short for perineal bottle.  I bought a clear plastic bottle in Joanns Craft store and use that or you can buy one on Amazon, ebay, etc
  • Posted

Hi Gail, i too have pain during intercourse and often tear. I was recommended YES lubricant by my gyno and i highly recommend, its available in holland and barratt and also amazon, its all natural and organic and i use the oil based one. I also use it before i go swimming to stop the chlorine irrating me. Good luck and hope this helps xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.