Laughter's Cure

Posted , 15 users are following.

OK I'm not sure that this thread will be allowed to run, if it is it will be doing better than any of us at the moment, but here goes.

If it raises a laugh or even makes you smile that would be good, they say that laughter is the best medicine to make us feel better and I agree.

So if it can stay then I think a thread that you can post funny anecdotes of some part of your pre op process or your recovery then cheer us up and get scribbling, I'm sure there are loads out there.

Nothing too painful :-)

1 like, 52 replies

52 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Ok here's one. I changed my bedding yesterday and noticed that our elderly cat immediately thought that was a good place to sleep. I was in another room when I heard the unmistakable sound of her preparing to throw up and I RAN to try and get her off the bed in time! I'm 4 weeks post op today and running was really really not a good idea! It didn't even work and I had to do another round of laundry. Sigh.

No harm done from my attempted sprint so can see the funny side of it now. Amazing how instinct takes over smile

• Posted

Well although I shouldn't say it but it made me laugh, dread to think what would have happened if you hadn't heard her eeeek bedtime would not have been pleasant LOL

• Posted

Oooo yes ... Awok from the sedative to see the surgical team looking at me . The surgeon in blue in his scrubs . Me woozily asked .. Are you Peter Evans ?

No he replied I am Peter Lewis

Me- oh yes Peter Evans did my wrist not my hip . Anyway your a special

Man ... (Effects of drugs)

Him smiling .. Thank you ...😏

• Posted

I had pre op last week where I was informed I'm obese!!! I'm a size 12 - 14 and tall - cheeky buggers I didn't know whether to laugh or cry! Funny!!

• Posted

Wow! I wish those were my stats. I have lost 20 lbs in the past two to three months, which I figure isn't bad right now. My bilateral THR is 12/22 so I think I saw a turtle fly past me recently 😂 My pre-op is scheduled for next Monday. It should be a blast. Several years ago I had a pre-op for a bladder lift. I asked the nurse interviewing me if I needed to remove the polish from my toes since it would be a slow, difficult process. She told me that it would be easier if I lost weight and proceeded to suggest juicing as a diet. I really wanted to ask why I know several people far more obese than I am who can sit Indian fashion in the floor. Yes I am obese, no I could become a twig with a lot of starving and I would look like I am doing a pretzel imitation in an attempt, probably unsuccessful, to reach my feet. Sheesh Sorry for the long ramble. At least now I can refrain from saying this to the nurse. If not for the wonders of a pedicure, I would be the one trying to figure out how to screw my feet off to set them in front of me to remove the polish or try to been a contortionist and failing miserably.

• Posted

Oh Rita

i would love a pedicure! I too can't reach my foot to get the polish off from my last one 3 months ago! I never realised how supply I used to be until now.

I've asked my husband, but ever getting him to take the old varnish off fills him with horror and I've got lovely feetsmile will have to wait till my daughter comes home for Christmas.

• Posted

Fortunately I can manage a pedicure every couple of months since I don't have a relative I could ask and to get my husband to polishe my toes would result in the masterpiece of a two year old at best lol. Patience or precision are not traits my dear husband has.

• Posted

Kate ... Book yourself a home one ! A lovely lady came to the house and shaved, moisturised, exfoliated , painted and top coated all for £20 ! It was amazing !

• Posted

Do you know here is a funny thing... I am a good 2.5 stones overweight and thus waiting for the obese/ diet before surgery/ health of new hip talk and so far it has never happened ! Not once ! I am fairly tall so maybe I carry it well but nobody said anything .nor in any other hip appointments . I see the surgeon Tuesday so he may break my bubble and say oi fatty drop a few pounds !!
    • Posted

Don't feel bad. My surgeon told to stop smoking and lose 35 lbs in two months to have the surgery! Mmmmm

Stop smoking OK , well stop eating too. Kill Woohoo

Stop smoking lost 30 lbs. And my husband move out the bedroom....lol.

Turned into a B%©®

• Posted

does ne not realize one should limit weight loss to 2 lbs per week...is he pushing something
    • Posted

Not sure I thought it was unhealthy.... for a dr. to say....but he is a good dr. Dr. Vaseliff.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.