Help

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I had 3 screws removed 5 weeks ago today from my talonavicular bone. My scar is about 2 inches long healing ok. But I just want to know if anybody has had any pain since having screws removed. It feels like somebody is inside in my foot with a red hit needle stabbing me, get a lot of aches my toes are aching, keeps me up all night. Can't get comfy with it. If I'm walking round the house it hurts but then soon as I get on to concrete outside and start walking Jesus it absolutely cripples me 😔 Any advice please 😔😔😔😔😔

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jessica, I won't go into my problems, you can read them from earlier discussions. I purchased a pair of skechers shape ups with a hard round sole which makes walking a little easier. You place your heel on the ground and let the rounded sole take you forward. They're not cheap but worth it. Good luck, Chris

• Posted

Hi Jessica, I to had pins and the plate removed 6 weeks ago. The pain has been terrible. Finding it hard to put my full weight on my leg. I'm taking tramadol and I'm still getting break through pain. Like you I'm woken up at night with the pain .

Was back to see the surgeon yesterday and they did x rays and nothing showed.

Have you spoken to your surgeon?

• Posted

It was his registrar that I spoke to. Firstly he said it sounded like nerve pain but I told him I'm on Neurotin and its had no effect. Last yr I had two pins removed and did not have this issue l. When I wall my ankle bruises and I showed him the picture. I did say to him this can't be right. He didn't say much more other than we will send you for an urgent mri and I'm going back to physio just so my ankle doesn't seize. I'm back to see the consultant in a months time. I did say it's getting me down and I'm sure your probably feeling the same

• Posted

Aww yeah really gets me down thought it be ok once I had pins removed how wrong was i 😩

• Posted

Hi can a ask did they not give you the option to leave screws in and if they had do you wish you'd left them in, I ask because even though my ankle gets very very swollen I am not in the pain you have described and had my pre op today with a view to taking screws out next week and now having second thoughts as my large screw , I've been told can be left in 

• Posted

Hi ye I had the option of leaving them in but the were catching on my tendons so needed to come out
  • Posted

Jessica- I was thinking about getting my interior ankle screws taken out because I can feel them a lot when I twist my ankle inward or tiptoe around on my injured leg. Most of what I have read is people feel much better getting them taken out, so I read your post with great interest. What was the reason your took your screws out? What was your original injury? My scars now are just pinpoints, from getting them installed on the inner ankle (for a trimalleolar break) and I have a 4"scar on the side where and plate and more screws were installed. The plate side is not bothering me a lot, even though I can feel it at times, which is a bit annoying. Did you originally have a 2" scar for the installation? I am really grappling with whether to take everything out or not. I was thinking I would start, at my one year ankleversary, with just taking the side out with the 3 screws (where there is no plate), but now I am kind of worried. Any additional info you can send would be most appreciated.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.