Ulnar deviation of pip joint

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi went to doctors today cos my pinkie is curving outward. I was told

Ulnar deviation of pip joint. It's chronic and will never get better only get

Worse. I.was sent to have xray will get results 5 December.

Has anyone else got this if so what's the treatment. Worried that it will get

Worse and pinkie will be useless

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I do...started a year ago in ring finger, then pinky, spreading slowly but surely. This was my first sign of osteo, boohoo

Maybe get a second opinion? It's just one doc....

In reluctant to believe him because I've been putting off having it really looked at.

• Posted

did you have xray done. I just wonder how bad it will get. Do you wear

A splint or anything. My pinkie get really sore when it's cold. Starting

To get in the way like wash my face and pinkie heads up my nose lol

• Posted

hi katrina

I have no further info yet except to say we have similar symptoms, including the nose thing 😊, which at least adds a little humor (as long as no one else sees😕

sees😕wink. Since it began, I've had two back fractures, respiratory failure from bronchiectasis raising 24/7, as well as a paraesophageal hernia. Trying to deal with it has taken all the energy I have . I've had put off seeing anyone about this scary new hand thing. I did show them to my gp in passing oqut of fear it might be RA, and was told I have certain bumps on finger joints characteristic of osteoarthritis.

I'm sorry to hear you are going through this too. I hope you get treatment which helps.

Vivia

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.